The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Has anyone seen "Koran Medallion with Luke Jermay" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
It's now being offered at (gasp) Penguin. Just curious as to what you guys think.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
The demo vid made it look too obvious for my liking, but then that's just me.
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
It appears no different in principle to Al Koran's original routine - anyone who knows that routine could do this (inferior) version.
FlippingWonderful
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of FlippingWonderful
I must agree with Y2John, not overly impressed with the handling. I mean Luke Jermay with a Sharpie that has run dry?! Unlikely... Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Collared is a version I really like Smile (woof!)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I felt the same way. I prefer Osterlind's, as well as Archer's. The only part of Luke's routine that was deceptive, was that the medallion appeared to be in a pocket which he never went to previously in the routine.
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Yes but it wasn't a medallion but a poker chip - A medallion can be, and is, presented as something unique, a one of a kind. A poker chip is one of many thousands of indentical copies. When people carry chips, unless they're very unlucky, they tend to carry more than one.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
My take - silly, unabashed cash-in on someone else's superior and superlative effect.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Man, the ole dry up sharpie trick will get yah everytime. I was fooled for hours, that's even the number that I was thinking of while watching the video. Luke read my mind!!#!@

I bought ten of of these instant downloads.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Button up the shirt, cover your chest hair it is not, it is not sexy at all(what movie is that line from & who said it)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 22:25, tboehnlein wrote:
Button up the shirt, cover your chest hair it is not, it is not sexy at all(what movie is that line from & who said it)

Beverly Hills Cop? Serge ( Brian Pinchot ) said it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Bronson Pinchot. And I'm embarrassed to know that. I also think Luke should consider the salad next time, instead of the chicken parm.
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Oh good now hundreds of Jermay wannabes will be out there crucifying Al Korans masterpiece,sorry Al.
The Mental Lentil
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The Mental Lentil
Boy, he's looking porky these days. Honestly, that effect was pretty transparent, if not to a spectator then certainly to a magician. All you needed for the load is an easily gaffed breast pocket. Not a high water mark for Jermay.
Dhal is murder
Sleeveless
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Sleeveless
I haven't seen the Jermay version but here's a link to Koran performing the effect on Ed Sullivan. I'll let those of you who have seen both versions decide which is better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTRN_ZUre0s

Enjoy!
the bozboz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the bozboz
I think jermay is looking pretty these days. if you want to get ahead wear a hat. you may say in mentalism if you want to get one ahead wear a hat. and eat some pies.
The Mental Lentil
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The Mental Lentil
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 05:34, the bozboz wrote:
I think jermay is looking pretty these days. if you want to get ahead wear a hat. you may say in mentalism if you want to get one ahead wear a hat. and eat some pies.

Or grow a beard and wear a Viking helmet.
Dhal is murder
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Gabelson, do not be embarressed after all it was a blockbuster when we were younger.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Wasn't the dried up pen/marker nymans subtlety?

Its a poor un-original reproduction of a classic, shame
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 10:48, looch wrote:
Wasn't the dried up pen/marker nymans subtlety?

Its a poor un-original reproduction of a classic, shame

Yes on the Nyman reference. Luke has used it in other effects (with proper crediting) as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Has anyone seen "Koran Medallion with Luke Jermay" (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL