The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda in Euros? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davedavis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of davedavis
Does anyone know if its possible to do the scotch and soda using ONLY Euros? If so , cansomeone direct me to where I can get it?

Thanks
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Your best bet is Coin Unique by Eddie Gibson. I thing they make a Euro version, but it may take some looking.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
just use the no-gimmick version with your own coins, it's as good or better and you don't need to buy a gimmick or worry about spending it by accident and it can be done anytime anywhere. email Peter Marucci for the method.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
I have not heard of a Euro coin version of hopping halves. Coin Unique (or other makes of the same gaff) won't give you what you want unfortunately.

I know of two versions of hopping halves with UK coins, one sold by Alakazam and a much better version sold and made by Peter Crush of Presto magic.

I know Presto do Euro coin effects (cig thru, expanded shells and flippers for example) and may make you gaffs to order.

If a Euro hopping halves is possible, I am sure it is something that Peter plans on doing.
Myrddin
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
108 Posts

Profile of Myrddin
Quote:
On 2003-01-25 10:49, davedavis wrote:
Does anyone know if its possible to do the scotch and soda using ONLY Euros? If so , cansomeone direct me to where I can get it?

Thanks

Try http://www.coinmagic.com . Follow the coinmagic link in the menu at the left. There's a list of all the euro coin tricks they offer, including the Scotch and Soda Euro Set.

Since gaffed euro coins are still quite expensive, you can try Peter Marucci's ungaffed version, as mentioned in this topic.
Hope this helps.

Peter
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Anyone is using a good scotch & soda locking set (not magnetic) in euro currency?
any recommendations?
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Tango makes some. I think I've seen them in Magic Warehouse
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Magic Warehouse does carry a Euro S&S set, look HERE, in addition to a number of other Euro gaffs.

I don't own one, so I can't comment on the quality, maybe some other users can. Good Luck! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I had a set one day but it was terrible !!
I sold it imediately. One coin is suppose to be securely nest in the other one. In my case, it fall out easely. (No, it was not a simple shell)

Better have it in hand before buying it.

(I have a set in half dollar/mexican, and it is excellent quality, Which serve me for comparaison)

Nicolas
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
That's why I am asking around.
I heard that the Tango coin products are sometimes very lacking in quality and do not lock properly....

any more comments?
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I have no doubt that Todd Lassen (see HERE) or Jamie Schoolcraft (see HERE) could make you whatever you needed, and the quality would be terrific. But the good stuff doesn't come cheap! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Tango Magic has a nice selection of coin gaffs made with Euros.

http://www.tangomagic.com/html/i-euro.htm

federico
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks Kjellstrom,
Do you the quality of this 50c/5c scotch in soda ? does it lock properly ? Are line invisible when locked ?

Thanks,
Nicolas
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 05:12, papawemba wrote:
Thanks Kjellstrom,
Do you the quality of this 50c/5c scotch in soda ? does it lock properly ? Are line invisible when locked ?

Thanks,
Nicolas

Yes the quality is good. For this price its a good value for the cash. The more expansive sets are probably better but this set works anyway. But I don't have anything to compare with, I have used my set several times and it worked for me. Its almost selfworking and its very strong for non magicians. Yo can find an excellent routine on one of David Roths dvds.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Yes I love scotch n soda !! So many possibilities with no sleight of hand Smile
And a real fooler Smile
Personnaly, I don't mind paying a higher price and have a top quality ! To use for life Smile

I have a set that people can examine it very close and don't find anything !

Nicolas
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
I have NO experience with gaffs, but I wonder if this resets easily ? If so, I'll order this immediately. It's not for the traditional effect of S&S, so I really need a set with 50c and 5c (euro) which resets easily.

Is this it ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda in Euros? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL