The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobo's book... on video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I think it would be great if there was a magician or a group of the top magicians, specifically coin workers who could put out a Video, dvd version of Modern Coin Magic. It would be helpful if you don't understand the book fully. Just an idea..
I Understand the book just fine. But I think it would be a great idea for others. Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
There is plenty of introductory coin magic videos out that pretty much cover the basic sleights and vanishes from Bobo's. (Roth's tapes, David Stone's tapes, Ammar's DVD, Brad Burt's tapes, etc.)

As for putting all the material in Bobo's on video, you would be hard pressed to fit even 50% of that stuff on a video. It also might be hard to sell because of the volumes and volumes of videos that would have to be made. It would be a massive project and probably never sell enough to be profitable. Many people would say, "I'll buy the book for $9.95 - $30.00 (depending on which version) and get all the material" and opt out of paying hundreds for it on video.

If would like to see J.B. Bobo himself doing a small sample of the routines from Bobo's check out Stevens Magic Emporium's Coin Classics Vol. 1. I have a desription of the stuff Bobo does in the reviews section of http://www.coinvanish.com.
Click to visit:
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I see your point. And a good one it is. Thanks.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I love the Bobo book, as a video is out of the question, there is a study guide for the book at:

http://www.zyworld.com/coinpurse/

There is a really long thread about this study guide at about.com. I do not have the web address handy, but I link to it via the coinpurse forum.

If you have any questions about this book, the study guide and forum will help you a lot.

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobo's book... on video? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL