The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Last illusion in show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
Hi,

For my new show, I need a very good illusion for the end. The illusion must be performable surrounded, easy to build, no copyrights, and there is only one illusionist and one illusion partner (girl-assistant) in the show.

I have some ideas, but there is no hot idea......

Show expiration:

1. fire table (me)
2. fire cage (assistant)
3. sub trunk
4. girl to 2 dogs
5. snow storm, or snake appearance, or illusion a little bit like torch box
6. xxx end illusion.......

Thank you for your help! Smile And sorry for my bad English....
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
I do a Metamorphosis for the end of my show, and it goes over great!
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
What kind of Metamorphosis?

It's not possible to do a very good Metamorphosis in the end of show......I think!

We can't load myself in an illusion. And if the assistant is loaded, in the end, only the assistant is on stage, and this is not OK for me. Smile Or, I work with a step, but the ways are very long to the audience.....and I don't know what a illusion is possible for this.

A great thing is Girl to Lion.......
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
A good ending for you would be an illusion that allows you to do a run-around effect. That being, the illusion happens or you switch places and end up in the back of the audience. This way, as you come back on stage, you can shake hands, etc. It makes for a very powerful closer.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
Hi Kyle,

I think this is a good idea, too, but there are some problems. 90% of my work is in a circus, so the tent is very big. I must run around the tent, and this is to much time, I think. And if there is bad weather....oh, oh....Mr. Wetshirt 2008. Smile

I have a new kind of Asrah that you can do everywhere....it´s very cool......and the one and only on this art. It's a little bit like D.C.'s After Hours (you know which illusion I mean?), but I want to have a more spectacular end with more speed. You can't present an Asrah-levitation with speed, and the same problem with the long ways and the weather, and my girl wears a little costume. Smile

But what illusion do you think would work with your idea in the last message? Can you say a name of an illusion?

Thank you so much,

dennis r.

Posted: May 15, 2007 4:33pm
Kyle, please, a second question:

What do you think about the TABLE OF DEATH?

But I'm not sure if this illusion is the right one to perform in a show that's seen by children and parents.....but every cartoon is more brutal....
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
rushhour

Traditionally, the sub-trunk has often been the final illusion of many acts through the years. I would suggest that you consider moving it to the end of your act, and fill the sub-trunk portion of your set with another illusion. Since you will have just produced your assistant, you could proceed with a Zig Zag Girl, etc., which is relatively easy to have built and is angle proof.

Chris
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
Hi Chris,

Sorry, I love my sub trunk. It is very nicely built, and has a nice design, but it is not an end illusion of a show of this range. If you start the show with the fire table and the fire cage, the show can't end with the sub trunk. I need a increase....

I think wrong?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 15:52, rushhour wrote:
It's not possible to do a very good Metamorphosis in the end of show......I think!

The Pendragons do a pretty good Metamorphosis at the end of their show. Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
OK, you are the winner!

;)

This Metamorphosis is great, but you can't do it surrounded.....and I will not copy this!

But I don't perform it in the end. Smile I think it is a very, very hot illusion at the beginning of the show.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
rushhour

The wonderful thing about magic is that the magician is in complete control of the flow of his show. He alone controls it's destiny.

You most certainly may leave the sub-trunk/Metamorphosis where it is. Siegfried & Roy used to present this at the end of their opening act years ago, when they appeared in the Lido de Paris Show. Many of us are suggesting that the sub-trunk/Metamorphosis has traditionally been a very strong closing illusion for many acts over many years, as demonstrated by the Pendragons, who continue to feature it as the closing illusion to their show.

You have some self-imposed limitations, in that there is only you and your partner. I am confused by #4 - girl to dogs. OK, you have just made her vanish, and now you are stuck with 2 more spots to fill, and now you have no girl! Seems to me that you might save a vanish or transformation illusion for the very end.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You can get the same spectacular effect of a run-around without doing any running (or not too much running!). That is an illusion where you produce yourself or vanish yourself.
Type A: Your assistant, wearing a mask and full cover costume, puts you into some kind of box (we can discuss that later) and makes you vanish (or turn into your assistant). Then the assistant removes the mask and costume, and we see that it is YOU in the costume.

Type B: Your assistant comes out and dresses in a mask and costume as you exit. The assistant, as the masked performer, then produces "someone" under a cloth from some kind of box (to be discussed later). The assistant then gets into the box. The person under the cloth stands up and removes the cloth...it is you. You stick swords in the box, and then take it apart to show your assistant has vanished. Finally, your assistant makes some kind or reappearance from someplace else.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
Thanks for the messages. If I do the Table of Death as the end illusion, I don´t need the girl because there are 10 stage assistants in the show, so that's no problem.

But it is right if I need the girl, the girl has vanished.

Or she must appear in a Blammo or something, or perhaps it's better if the dogs are appearing in the Blammo. I will see....

I think I must sleep a night over the ideas...... Smile

But thank you sooooo much!

Posted: May 15, 2007 7:38pm
Hi Professor Spellbinder,

I think I like your plan B......

I must sleep yet, but I will write you tomorrow.

Thank you.
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
Circus Magic (now we are in my neck of the woods)
Ideas - are you ready?
If you are in a show with cats, then you've got to have rigging...
So what about an upside-down straitjacket escape?
(Side note - Here's a cool idea to do later, do it over the cat cage while the cats are in the cage, like Pio Nocks bicycle, Carrello highwire.)

There are lots of surrounded vanishes, so you could appear in the audience (I do it).
The best way to get you out of there would be deceptive steps.
Use your imagination for the table top.

How about vanishing your assistant from your Asrah and her appearing in the audience?

Don't forget classics like:
Assistants Revenge
Cane Cabinet
Burned Alive
Lion's Bride
Origami
Pole Levitation

I'll think of some more later.
Larry
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
Lion's Bride will be the best, but it's not possible to train the cat in 3 days...and a own cat. You also need a trailer for this, and in Germany, you must have 2 cats minimum; 1 cat alone is forbidden.

Asrah is OK, but I want a very spectacular illusion in the end, which is not so often seen in Germany/Europe. My favorite at this time is the Table of Death, in a smaller version like DC's.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1579 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
How about the Jam illusion, or the Konundrum Kube? Another would be the Kube Zag. Modern Art? Just ideas.

Posted: May 16, 2007 4:36am
BTW - Good luck at whatever you do.
Flying Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Flying Magus
Just on the Asrah, it does need to be performed slowly for the most part. However, you can create a false sense of speed and spectacle on the vanish. As you remove the cloth, the music changes into louder, faster music with a strong beat. Your movements become stronger and more powerful, flourishing the cloth dramatically. You can now point to the back of the audience to have the girl reappear, or even take the cloth up to the back, lift it up, and then drop it to reveal the girl.

Even in bad weather, the Asrah provides plenty of time for the girl to put on a large raincoat, run around the tent, then remove the coat in time for the reproduction.

Of course, for you, this is a little moot, as it seems that in your area Asrah gets quite a lot of exposure.
Magically yours,

Michel Fouché
Believe in the Impossible
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 01:28, just_larry wrote:
Circus Magic (now we are in my neck of the woods)
Ideas - are you ready?
If you are in a show with cats, then you've got to have rigging...
So what about an upside-down straitjacket escape?
(Side note - Here's a cool idea to do later, do it over the cat cage while the cats are in the cage, like Pio Nocks bicycle, Carrello highwire.)

I agree with Larry. This raises (pun intended) the thrill of your show.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
1000 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Hey, Rushhour. I just wanted to let you know that you can do the the sub-trunk/Metamorphosis surrounded. I don't know what type you have, but I personally believe they all can be done surrounded. I have done it in the middle of Professional Basketball and Arena Football Games.

Bairefoot
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
My Metamorphosis can be done surrounded, and it really does make a great closer.
rushhour
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rushhour
Hey, I had only said that the version of the Pendragons' Metamorphosis, you don´t can do surrounded. My sub-trunk works surrounded!

I have a Mini Kube Zag from Puchinger in the show yet, but I won´t work with this illusion. For me, this is too boring...and too old, and too often seen......

My new show must be perfect; not third class, not second class.

I think I'll do an illusion like the Table of Death.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Last illusion in show (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL