The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Bubble gloves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I have seen a bubble performance where the magician blows a bubble with a tube bounces it a couple of times with this special gloves then eventually changes it to a solid transparent sphere. I was wondering if anyone knows where they sell this special gloves. I have searched the interent and found out that Steven Spangler Science does but their p&p is too expensive for international orders. Does anyone know anywehre else where they sell this product?

Sung
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The secret does not lie in the glove, Sung.
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I noticed that as well. It is the ingredient of the soap solution of glycerin and gelartin. But I thought that the glove has to be dirt free and spandex-like as any uneven surface would easily burst the bubble. Also, I need to get hold of a bubble blower (straw) and the required ingredient so I wanted to find out whether there is one on the market as a kit.

Sung
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The key lies in experimenting. Try out things from different angles and you may even discover things that would surprise you.
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thanks for your advice James but I understand experiment as costly measure because it simply requires me to buy a lot of different things to test on. Since I'm not a professional magician, I don't think I can afford to do that. Instead, I read from a previous post that Vito Lupo had been selling a bubble kit for $35. I have been searching everywhere for a similar item but have found nothing. Does anyone know where I could buy one?

Sung
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Iam not sure his kit contained the glove..Howard
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
P.S I use ones from a Tuxedo store,White or Black.. HOward
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thanks Howard for you information. Just wondering, is there any restriction for the gloves that you wear? I know that the secret is to do with the soap solution but I thought the surface of the glove will have some affect on how bouncy the bubble is. Also, do you know any shop where they sell Vito Lupo's bubble kit?

Sung
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Davenports magic sells the special bubble solution for this, it's called Bouncing Bubbles. All you need glove wise is 100% pure cotten gloves, these you can pick up in Boots or Superdrug, and they're cheap.
Trip to Davenports?
Paul
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thanks paul. How much is it at davenport?

Sung
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
The surface only is affected if you have the bubble filled with smoke and try to bounce it..Cordially,Howard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Bubble gloves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL