The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » No cards allowed in restaurant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
There is no law in my state either. However there is one establishment that does ask you to put the cards away for whatever reason. As I don't go there anyway, I really don't care.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
I don't think there are any laws that prohibit card magic. Some people are very ignorant and they think anything to do with cards is gambling and if gambling is not allowed then that is the reason. I would explain that to them and tell them I don't care to eat in places where the staff are unable to understand the law.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I was watching a show on the history of gambling and one person said that the laws, at one time, were so draconian, that you could be arrested for gambling if you just tossed a coin in the air to the waitress for her tip!

Unfortunately, the gambling laws in this country, in each of the 50 states, fluctuates wildly depending on the religious furvor of the state or the country at any particular time in history. Of course, the same applies to just about any vice.

I am definitely going to have to check the law in Ohio regarding cards in restaurants with bars. Haven't run into the problem personally, but you never know.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Keep in mind, it's not just state laws that may apply, county and local governments also have authority, and frequently pass ordnances that affect food and beverage establishments.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
EvanZ
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of EvanZ
Wow what were you thinking! Why would you do magic LET ALONE CARD MAGIC at a restuarunt! Lock him up and through away the key!
Just kidding, ya I guess they doent want gamblers losing money, then blameing the store for letting him get drunk enough to play such a bad hand.
EvanZ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » No cards allowed in restaurant (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL