The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Fantastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
While cleaning out my old magic closet I came upon a trick called "Fantastic". It consists of two pieces of carboard and some cards. A couple of the cards are gimmicked as is one of the cardboards. Although I found the apparatus I didn't find any instructions.

Does anyone have this or the instructions and could help me out by giving me a copy.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Gene Anderson has a great routine for this, and I think its been published, but I forget where? Maybe someone else can inform us.

Gil Scott
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I guesss it is Hiroshi Kondo's creation released by Tenyo.

Hideo Kato
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3793 Posts

Profile of Julie
This was a great trick l-o-n-g before there was a Tenyo version!

It's a penetration effect of one of the cards penetrating the two card boards that are rubber-banded together. Typically the trick is performed twice--once face-down and once face-up (invisibly and visibly).

Julie Smile
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
This trick predates Tenyo by many years. It's been in my closet for over 35 years.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
542 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Ted;
Do you have "Sam's - The Magic of Sam Schwartz" by Allen Zingg ? Starting on page 174 or 175 I believe, is one of the best handlings and routines I have ever seen for this trick, it is something like 8 pages long and very good.
I will check later when I get home, but I do believe that Horowitz personally taught this to Sam, at least that is what I remember reading.
All the Best
Marty
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Martini:

I don't have "Sam's - The Magic of Sam Schwartz". Guess I'll have to look for it.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5441 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I completely agree with Marty re: the Schwartz handling. Holy cow, Marty!! Your memory is almost as terrific as your card splitting. Smile It is, indeed, on page 174, by the name of "Sam, Sam, and Royden - Fantastic," and he does give credit to Leo "Sam" Horowitz (remember Mohammed Bey?) for teaching him the trick, originally created by Royden.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2007-05-19 17:58, Magiguy wrote:
I completely agree with Marty re: the Schwartz handling. Holy cow, Marty!! Your memory is almost as terrific as your card splitting. Smile It is, indeed, on page 174, by the name of "Sam, Sam, and Royden - Fantastic," and he does give credit to Leo "Sam" Horowitz (remember Mohammed Bey?) for teaching him the trick, originally created by Royden.

I agree on Martinis memory, many times at his house I will ask about a routine and he will pause as if to be going thru the memory bank and reach onto his book shelf. As a side note let me describe his shelf, 16 feet wide x 7 feet tall and 2 books deep. He will reach up and move a book to get to another one and find the routine. If I knew as much as he has forgot I would be the second smartest person I know in magic.

You are the man Marty and thanks for being a friend to me.

NUMS
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
542 Posts

Profile of martini
Awww, go on with your bad selfs, you guys are making me blush.lol
Thanks for the kind words, it is funny what you can and can't remember.
That page number stuck in my mind because I was looking at it just a few weeks ago and thinking this is a great routine for that apparatus.

Nums do you still want to be adopted??lol.
All the Best
Marty
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2007-05-19 21:57, martini wrote:

Nums do you still want to be adopted??lol.
All the Best
Marty

Anytime daddy'o. but if you do will you ship monkeyboy away?

NUMS
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
542 Posts

Profile of martini
Monkeyboy will be here forever, or so it seems.lol
All the Best
Marty
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
J. G. Thompson's book "Magic To Delight", published in 1970 by Tannen Publications, page 87 has an effect titled "Phantatic" that is based in the Royden trick.

Lots of other neat stuff in the book too.

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Fantastic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL