The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pen or pencile? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KJ
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
97 Posts

Profile of KJ
Dose anyone know were I can get effects with pens and pencils? I built my own pen through anything but I was looking for something that can be done impromptu.

Thanks,
-KJ
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
A great pencil through bill (impromptu) can be found in Eric Anderson's and David Harkey's Book, AH-HA. The routine is called East meets West meets South and well worth checking out.
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Pen through anything can be very impromptu if you carry it with you and just do it. I used to drive a truck and sometimes signed my bills & "accidently" stick my pen through their copy. Then I would practically rip the copy in half trying to remove my pen only to completly restore it via magic. I would smile and tell them to have a nice day and I would leave. It Killed! Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
JamesD
View Profile
New user
Lexington KY
70 Posts

Profile of JamesD
Dan Harlan - Ultimate Impromptu Magic
He does a no gaff pen or pencil through bill that I can't remember the name of at the moment.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Voodoo pen - demo + product found at http://www.magicsmith.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Mike Powers has a kind of neat effect called PUN (Pen up Nose). You can check it out at his site:
http://www.mallofmagic.com
It's kind of impromptu in that the pen is completely normal. You just have to carry a gimmick with you. It does look great.
I combined that with the pen through anything and it really looks cool. What it adds is the ability to put the pen through a bill and slide it in and out of the hole before you restore it.

There's a pretty neat pen routine in one of Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment books. I forget which # it's in and who the originator of the effect is. It's a fun little routine with the cap and the pen, I perform it quite often. I rarely plan to perform it but I see a pen sitting there and it comes to mind.

Then you have the Mis-Lead. I heard a rumor that they stopped making them. Anyone know if this is true? I know some dealers would still carry it but I wonder if they did stop making them. That could really hurt them if they did because their gimmicks come with a guarantee of a few years.

Well, there's a couple that come to mind.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pen or pencile? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL