We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Fit on Porper Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
174 Posts

Profile of Pathian
I just recently bought my first Porper clip, and I just had a quick question to all of the users of the clip out there. I put my box in the deck with 52 cards in it. It seems tight near the open edge, but I can tell that it is somewhat loose near the "hinge" portion, I can actually hear the cards shake inside the box. Do you guys usually carry 54 cards in your box? Or is this the normal fit for a Porper clip? it seems like my old silver card clip was a bit more even. Thanks!

-Justin
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I have a couple of Porper's clips, and one allows the cards to shake inside the box, the other does not. The card case is tight front to back, but one seems to be slghtly tighter than the other. Even though the cards can move inside the looser one, they are still absolutely flat. You could see what happens if you place a card inside the cellophane wrapper, which would not effect the deck inside the case. Any others care to share?
Sk8erBoi9305
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Sk8erBoi9305
I bought the larger size porper card clip ment for specialy designed Ellusionist decks, and when I put it on my ellusionist deck it seem to be a litte loose. what I do is I just put the jokers in the card clip, yet not in the box so that it's a little tighter.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Couldn't you just buy a card press like this?

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=MB1105
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Yes, you could, but it is bulkier than the porper clip and would not fit comfortably in the pocket. But it would certainly do the job.
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
402 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Well, it could be a few things.

Firstly, it could be the larger edition of the clip made for our custom, premium edition decks (Ghosts, Vipers, Tigers).

Secondly, it could be that the type of cards you are using have a thinner stock than Bikes.

In rare cases, there is always the possibility that your clip could be defective, perhaps compare it with a friend's or another to make sure?

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
174 Posts

Profile of Pathian
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 01:31, Tempesta wrote:
Well, it could be a few things.

Firstly, it could be the larger edition of the clip made for our custom, premium edition decks (Ghosts, Vipers, Tigers).

Secondly, it could be that the type of cards you are using have a thinner stock than Bikes.

In rare cases, there is always the possibility that your clip could be defective, perhaps compare it with a friend's or another to make sure?

||sean ||

Hmm, that is a distinct possibility. Thanks for tossing that in. I bought the clip from Mike Powers, who I know likes to use the Bike Masters. No matter though, it fits about right if I put in my jokers, and I like to have those in once in a while anyway.
jmuscold
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jmuscold
So if you buy an ellusionist clip for a ghost deck, it won't fit a normal deck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Fit on Porper Clip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL