The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dan Huffman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I am looking for any printed work by Dan Huffman
P3
practice practice perform.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I can put you in touch with Dan. I have a collection of his (most of) work and it is hard to come by. I'm sure Dan could also help you find some of it as well.

Kind Regards,
-Patrick Redford
spook
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
150 Posts

Profile of spook
I know in the late eighties he completed his only hard-bound work, a substantial reference guide to magic with house cats. From this book the continual hairball production, a la eggs from the mouth, was filmed but cut from one of Doug Henning's last specials. Mr. Huffman printed a few privately-printed copies around this time detailing his close up luncheon meat act (slices of pepperoni vanishing from the hand and appearing under a slice of pickle loaf and the like; a production of a Hickory Farms Summer Sausage from his zipper in an amusing fashion) but these are very hard to come by. In 1991 he tried to sell a monograph to Richard Kaufman supposedly on close up which actually turned out to be hand-written, drunken rants about magic celebreties who have touched him inappropriately, complete with illustrations, pop-ups and paper puppets. Kaufman declined the offer and the original manuscript has been circulating among collectors since then. Also in '91 he published a work entitled, simply, 'Coins' featuring a number of (then) novel sleights, moves and routines, although the book received little attention and even less performance due to the fact that the effect descriptions and instructions were written as what appeared to be a Broadway musical (the song about the Mullholland Coin Box was pretty catchy, though.) It is at this point that, from all accounts, Dan Huffman crawled into an absinthe bottle and didn't come out for a decade. Word on the street is that he's working on something involving bees and he alone is responsible for their mysterious disappearance this year. Collectors aren't holding their breath, though, after the promised, infamous 'Cavalcade of Body Fluids' book never materialized.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Hi Spook, great post. Good to see you back.

Smile
chris_johnson_au
View Profile
Regular user
Queensland, Australia
113 Posts

Profile of chris_johnson_au
Spook almost sounds like the Dan I remember from Linking Ring contributions.
Chris Johnson
0433 181 675
www.thementalist.com.au
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

I don't know this Spook person, do you Smile?
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have alllergies to House Cats....... But I like Absinthe. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It does make the heart grow fonder. No, wait, that's absense.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
David Hasslehoff
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of David Hasslehoff
When was he more on the scene
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
He put a few items out in an issue of Compleat Invocation around 1987.....interesting stuff and funny to read.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

He also has the best solution for a "mental epic" type effect without having to result to any force.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Quote:
On 2007-07-22 00:30, Bill Palmer wrote:
It does make the heart grow fonder. No, wait, that's absense.

Depends how many you have. LOL
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dan Huffman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL