The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sub Trunk Dimensions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hey guys, I was just wondering... What are the dimensions of your sub trunk? Let's have it in Length x Width x Height. I've been looking at my trunk and asking if it really has to be the size it is now. Being Asian, WE have smaller bodies. So if your're trunks are smaller than mine, I have to do something. Hoping for answers... Cheers!
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
I don't do the Sub Trunk anymore...hard to present without an assistant. But when I did, my trunk was 24" x 24" x 36". At the time, I was 6-feet tall and 200 pounds. I think it depends more on the trap design. I designed my own.

Like you, Kyle, I've always noticed the Sub Trunk size vs. the performer. I recall thinking that Doug Henning's trunk (Doug being something of a small and "wispy" build) seemed absolutely huge. I think he and Debbie could have fit into it at the same time!

Dan Wolfe, aka "EARL"
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Mine is amazingly huge... I'm definitely gonna make changes, it's 43x32x32 approximately. Now, that's in inches. Any ideas on the best form of Top T**P, please PM me. I'd like to revamp my trunk.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
One other consideration is if you intend someday to pass it along to someone else that might be larger.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Kyle, it's up to you... How does it look on stage? I have a HUGE sub trunk that me and the crew decided to throw together one day because we came up with a different routine for it. And it does not look that huge on stage...wait, yes, it does because my assistant that does the change with me is only 4'11" (LOL) and I am 6'2". But it looks good on a big stage, so we are keeping it as is. Friends that are magicians laugh, and we talk about it, but the lay people still love the illusion.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
To be frank...I think it looks HOT! Aaron Chee did it with a stained black finish and a kicker tribal design...but I still think it's a lil too Big. SO...what's your trunk's measurements?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sub Trunk Dimensions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL