The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Chicago's Magical Past (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
udlose
View Profile
New user
Chicago
33 Posts

Profile of udlose
I'm looking at going to this tomorrow or next Tuesday. I live right around the corner from the Theater.

Neil, I saw your show this last February I think it was. I was the unfortunate young man who "tried to drive Mary home."

I like having this connection to Chicago's magic circle. Up until recently, the only magic community I could interact with were the sales people at the local shops. Nice as they are, I felt the conversation was limited because I was viewed through the lense of a potnetial customer.

I'm new when it comes to performing magic seriously. Before I knew a handful of card tricks, now I'm getting to the point where I might actually be able to put together a pretty solid little routine. In doing so, I have discovered that by nature, I end up creating a story for most of my effects. That revelation coupled with the fact that I absolutly love Halloween has led me towards bizzarre magic.

No question I will be looking to you all for tips and refinement.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Hi udlose. I hope you have an opportunity to see The Magic Cabaret tomorrow or next Tuesday. I think you'll enjoy it. My interest is also mainly in plot-driven, presentation-focused magic. Halloween is my favorite holiday. And the second act of The Magic Cabaret takes a distinct turn for the strange. If you do come to see the show, please do take a moment afterward to introduce yourself and say hi! Considering your interest in weird magic, I'll encourage you to visit my friend Dan Mindo's discussion site: http://www.bizarremagic.net
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
benjamin b.
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of benjamin b.
I can't wait to see the show! I know it's going to be great.

BB
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, BB. See you there!

Here's a true story that happened just a few days ago. It's a reminder that magic can turn up in unexpected ways, in unexpected places:

I was standing on the train platform on my way to a rehearsal for The Magic Cabaret, when I noticed that a guy standing about twenty feet away from me had a deck of cards and was doing one-handed Charlier cuts with both hands simultaneously. He was listening to his iPod, and oblivious to everyone around him. I happened to be carrying a stack of postcards for the show, so I walked over and handed one to him just as the train was arriving. He gave me a "Why are you giving me this?" look, then he glanced down and read the title of the show. He looked up with an expression of "Oh, I get it!" and we nodded at each other in recognition before boarding the train.
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
Thank you to all of the magic who made it out last night. We could not have asked for a better opening night crowd. We were OVER sold out! What a great surprise that was! If you are coming to Chicago and would like to see the show please reserve your tickets in advance. For more information please visit http://www.magic-cabaret.com
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
Gorgon Wig
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Gorgon Wig
I saw the show on Tuesdays and it ROCKED! Congrats you guys!
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
Thanks! We made it to the Chicago Readers Short List of Highly Recommended Shows. Here is the link...watch here for the review later this week.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/listings/st......#CRITCHO
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
jaclem
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jaclem
..normally I can take pat murphy (drop the pt..that's the kind of boat kennedy got sunk in) and david parr in small doses.....but at the cabaret show there are large doses of each....and they are both exellent. this causes me great pain to admit this, but hey......i've got to be honest here. murphy was not as loud as usual (when he worked in magic inc he'd ask a customer to take a card and people across the street looked around for someone holding a deck)...and parr is not as patronizing which must cause him physical torment. anyway, it's a superb show, well paced and in an attractive environment.
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
NICE! Oh man! And this review coming from my mother! Thanks Mom! I love you too!
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Chicago's Magical Past (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL