The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Rosebud Color Change Review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Looking for a review on "Rosebud Color Change" that I found at penguin magic.
Effect

The magician holds a red rose in his hand. In a flash the color of the bud changes to white. The rose is immediately given as a souviener: This is a real rose.

Romantic, Powerful, Magic! Easy to do, this is the perfect illusion! Preform on stage in fron of 2000 spectators, or totally surrounded in close-up! You can do it at any moment of your show! Charm them!

Anyone have this yet, a review would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
I ordered this today from Hocus Pocus. Will post a review upon receipt.
Tony
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Thanks for taking one for the team, looking forward to your review!
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Tdowell2007,

I am also looking for your review. Thanks.

Hirase
In love with magic!
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hopefully tomorrow! You guys realize if this is really cool I may tell you otherwise just so I can keep it to myself...LOL Just kidding!
Tony
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Looks like you and I are the only ones who care about this anyways! Talk to you soon.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I dissapointed when got it. You only received a rose flower (w/o stem) and a sheet of instruction. So you have to provide the regular matching rose and flash paper. I don't like the method at all. I wonder how can distributor want to sell such kind of product. You better save your money on this.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Well, you can not expect that they ship real flowers as well . . . .
Cards never lie
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Indomagic,
I respectfully disagree and am fairly confident you havent seen the video. (See below).

First: I am confused by your statement you need to purchase a matching flower. A matching flower? Change to red rose to a red rose? That is not incorrect, you need to purchase the rose you desire to hand out.....if you decide to do that.

Second: The price is not expensive (IMHO), as you are purchasing a method to accomplish an effect.

Third: Is it difficult? Nope... Does it look good? Yup... This effect is very straightforward and is very workable. How workable? I open my comp routine with it.

Simply put, I like this effect. It works for me and I believe is worth the money. You may disagree and that is fine. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Here is a video demo to the effect: http://itricks.com/newmagic/?p=182
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Great to hear you liked the effect, I went ahead and placed my order as well. Can't wait to try it out! Like I mentioned before, I like that this method allows you to hand out a real rose as opposed to other versions.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Todowell,

It's your choice if you like this one. I appreciate your comments. HOwever as magic retailer I will not recommend this item to my customers.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Tdowell

Sorry for mistyping your name....
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi Indomagic,
No problem. I can respect that and I am sure you are sincere in your opinion. that's what makes this great! LOL Thank you!
Tony
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Well - it looked good on the video clip, and being able to give the rose away at the end is always a nice touch. I appreciate we are often disappointed when we receive our magic toys, but sometimes it is good to remember how well the effect plays to our audiences.

Do they come in other colours though? It makes more sense to me to change a white rose to a red one and then giveaway the red one. It gives a little bit of a reason for changing it in the first place.

Also would it be easy enough to appear the rose (as per a standard candle/rose transformation) and then change the colour of the rose before giving it out?
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Bananafish, still waiting for mine to arrive. When I receive it I'll keep your questions in mind and get back to you. I agree though, I would like to also produce the rose, and then change it from white to red if possible. Handing out a red rose seems much more elegant than the alternative.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi Guys,
I believe you could accomplish the effect you desire. Once you receive the item, you will be instantly aware of how to do this. You will have to modify another rose to accomplish this but shouldnt take you long at all. Any questions, PM me.
Tony
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Bananafish, I have to say I really like this effect. As we mentioned the greatest perk is that the rose can be handed out. As for producing the rose from the start, I'm sure you know plenty of methods for standard productions, and I don't see a problem doing so. In fact, as a quick and visual opener I'm planning to produce the rose from a white silk, take note of the color discrepancy between the two, and then change the color of the rose to white in order to match. You could use different colored roses, but you must start with red, and then any color you choose can be handed out. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions that might arise.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
I think you guys and the people who made this are missing the point, you have a wonderfully powerfull application with this.

to give life...

a fake red rose, is made real... the reactions would be amazing, visual magic is not something I believe in, and I think that a red to red wouldnt be as visual, I understand some peoples reaction to this, but I think this is one of the most wonderful concepts I have stumbled upon here!

theankyou, to everyone who brought this to my attention.
Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Jon, although I agree with the impact "creating" life can have on spectators, I don't feel this effect is ideal for that. This was intended to be a visual transformation of colors. In my opinion this is a great opener, very quick, very visual, instantly drawing them in for what's to come. I just don't see the practicality in showing each person that the rose is indeed fake to begin with, and when the change happens there is bound to be confusion when nothing is "seen" to have happened. Subsequently, having each spectator take the time to realize something has happened would no doubt bring the pace to a screeching halt. As the saying goes though, "to each his own", that's why this place is so unique, it offers a great creative outlet.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
That's why visual magic is such a bad idea, I would be interested to find out what your favourite movie is for instance, not an action film I'm sure.

beauty is conveyed in the connection between two people, walking upto a table, and telling a short story about a past love and how you bought them a flower, the flower was a fake, it wasnt real just like the one you show to pretty lady at the table, in your head it was meant to symbolize how true your love was, eternal.

But it didn't last, just like all great things it came to an end and it was only that sudden juncter point that made you realize just how special that relationship was, the belief that eternity was there, was far more powerful than the actuallity.

I never give ladies fake flowers anymore, you say as a small piece of flash paper is taken out of your pocket and lit in an extravagent display of frivolity. The rose is then handed to the lady spectator who confirms that it is indeed real, and you explain how memory is our only connection to everything true and wonderful, when that flower dies you say, you hope her very special memory of tonight will not.

Of coarse that was just spur of the moment and a bit pathetic, nut the reaction that lady will go through will baffle the rest of the audience so much they will demand you do more.

moreover somethign along those lines could of coarse be done with the colour changing, but that will take the very intamcy of the magic away, it is not everyone you must aim to perform to, merely a single individual, everyone else will follow their lead, and it is far easier to convince a single person of something special. An audience is allot like a heard of sheep, convince one person and all their freinds will believe, theyre freind you must remember has respect and integrity you could only hope to achive in performing in this way.

I hate visual magic by the way, just as I hate action films, the boredom is so sincere it is painfull.

By the way I have a specific place for this, in a particular routine, what I just wrote reeally has absolutely nothing to do with how I intend on performing it.

thanks for the feedback doc.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Rosebud Color Change Review? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL