The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This forum is for those of you whom have an answer for something (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 14:31, airship wrote:
Since this is a public forum, I'm going to take all of the answers posted so far (especially Justin's) and publish them in a book called "The Big Book of Answers" and make a gazillion dollars. And don't cry about the fact that you didn't think of it first, especially when I sell the movie rights for 50 gazillion dollars.

...and there's more where they came from!

heynowwwww
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
You shall not pass

It sounds familiar. In fact I know I've heard it before in a movie, I think. It was said with grim determination.

Quote:
Thanks for all the fish

Don't you mean "Thanks for all the Babel fish"?

Here's to Arthur Dent, Beeble Brox, and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

There was an Infocom game based on DA's book. Drove me nuts trying to play it. It was also one of the first adventure games that actually LIED to me! What a mind game! At one point, the game had my "character" lose his common sense so he could carry and NOT carry the same object at the same time! It was one of the funniest, wild, frustrating and fun games I have ever played. Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Now I remember where I heard "You shall not pass". It was a statement that Gandalf made while defending a bridge from an evil creature while the rest of the Fellowship of the Ring escaped.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
It's not thanks for all the 'babel' fish...just "And Thanks For All The Fish."

It was said by the Dolphin's to mankind as thay vacated the earth prior to it being destroyed. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 04:51, clynim wrote:
Now I remember where I heard "You shall not pass". It was a statement that Gandalf made while defending a bridge from an evil creature while the rest of the Fellowship of the Ring escaped.

"Without <my> permission, none may pass!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember a poster that read; "The answer to all of life's problems is salt water; either sweat, tears or the sea!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I actually "get" the quote two posts above this one.

It's from the film Labyrinth, by Jim Henson, as spoken by the character Sir Didymus.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
GOOD flick
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-06-12 22:58, Carrie Sue wrote:
I actually "get" the quote two posts above this one.

It's from the film Labyrinth, by Jim Henson, as spoken by the character Sir Didymus.

Carrie

I was wondering if anyone was going to get it.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
On the Appian Way with trombone and Nubian monsters.
"But there isn't a door"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
The answer is: integrated theoretical contructs and processes such as professionalism, communication, collaboration, growth, reflective critical thinking and systematic enquiries.

:O) Chrystal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This forum is for those of you whom have an answer for something (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL