The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for a story about THIRST! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Or how about a double suicide where one of em doesn't take the drink.... or a religious cult style suicide... this being one of the glasses used...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
When I saw this thread I was reminded of Steohen King's Thinner, and this is what it inspired).
How about a man who crossed a gypsy (Witch doctor, Houngan, crone...Whatever) and she cursed him with unending thirst. Constantly thirsty he drank anything that was available...It was a compulsion and he was not able to control it.
In despair, he took his own life hoping that it would end his torment. He slashed his wrists and was slowly bleeding to death...Then his compulsion kicked in and he found himself unable to stop drinking the blood flowing from his wounds. His body was found completely exsanguinated, no blood in his veins and and none on the floor surrouning him, his stomach bloated up to near bursting with his own blood.
But even in death he could not escape the curse of unending thirst.
The glass is produced, filled with blood.
You summon his spirit, and it makes itself known by draining the glass of its grisly content.
You could even go into a Seance effect after that, asking questions, and in return for each answer pay the spirit in liquids (Drops of blood from a horror cutter or any other devices that produce small quantities of liquid)
When liquid is withheld, the spirit goes berserk, opening up a whole new avenue of effects- Candles going out, objects breaking or being thrown accross the room, table levitating...
Just me initial thoughts.
Gwyd
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Cool, Gwyd! That can be adapted to all sorts of routines. I think I could use this in something I am working on.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Mummies are sometimes found in the sands. (Maybe a rice bowl could be used with sand, as the classic approach involves both rice and water.)

Linen is used to wrap mummies. (Maybe a linen-wrapped hand is in the bowl.)

A mummy hand, anointed with water, might animate.

Etc.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2007-05-22 11:08, gsidhe wrote:
When I saw this thread I was reminded of Steohen King's Thinner, and this is what it inspired).

How about a man who crossed a gypsy (Witch doctor, Houngan, crone...Whatever) and she cursed him with unending thirst. Constantly thirsty he drank anything that was available...It was a compulsion and he was not able to control it.
In despair, he took his own life hoping that it would end his torment. He slashed his wrists and was slowly bleeding to death...Then his compulsion kicked in and he found himself unable to stop drinking the blood flowing from his wounds. His body was found completely exsanguinated, no blood in his veins and and none on the floor surrouning him, his stomach bloated up to near bursting with his own blood.
But even in death he could not escape the curse of unending thirst.
The glass is produced, filled with blood.

You summon his spirit, and it makes itself known by draining the glass of its grisly content.

You could even go into a Seance effect after that, asking questions, and in return for each answer pay the spirit in liquids (Drops of blood from a horror cutter or any other devices that produce small quantities of liquid)
When liquid is withheld, the spirit goes berserk, opening up a whole new avenue of effects- Candles going out, objects breaking or being thrown accross the room, table levitating...

Just me initial thoughts.
Gwyd

Gwyd,
Now that is really makng it Bizarre! What a great story! Thrist can be anything the entertainer wants. I first seen it as water but the story you just told makes it a chilling tale. Having the candle go out the moment the 'Blood' starts to lower will set the mood! This is going to be a butt kicking routine.

I now will HAVE to work on two story. LOL One very much like the one you suggested and the other about water.

THRIST..... what a great title for an effect..IMHO

Best
Ray Noble
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I just want to keep with the THRIST theme and not bring to many props into play.
I can see where some here would think about using a muummy's hand and the like. but I want to spin a web of a story where I use the fewest props on the table.

If you place an ink pen on the table and told a very chilling story and then make the pen move just an inch would scare the crap out of people. It is all in the story!

Maybe have the glass and a hand mirror on the table. After the water has stop lowering, you pick up the mirror and blow your breath on it. Turning the mirror around for all to see is the words, 'Help,so THRISTY', This would look as if written by a ghostly finger. (I think I am leaning toward the bizarre side)LOL

Ray
Ray
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Gsidhe I love that idea... bloody gypsys...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
Well if you are going for Thirst... what about vampires. The idea of a once mortal who is so compelled by thirst that it overrides all moral prerogatives.
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Glad y'all liked it!
Can't wait to hear if you do something with it!
Gwyd
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
The story of the fisher king.

It begins with the king as a boy, having to spend the night alone in the forest to prove his courage so he can become king.

Now while he is spending the night alone he's visited by a sacred vision. Out of the fire appears the holy grail, symbol of God's divine grace. And a voice said to the boy,

"You shall be keeper of the grail so that it may heal the hearts of men."

But the boy was blinded by greater visions of a life filled with power and glory and beauty.

And in this state of radical amazement he felt for a brief moment not like a boy, but invincible, like God,

... so he reached into the fire to take the grail,
... and the grail vanished,
... leaving him with his hand in the fire to be terribly wounded.

Now as this boy grew older, his wound grew deeper.

Until one day, life for him lost its reason.

... He had no faith in any man, not even himself.
... He couldn't love or feel loved.
... He was sick with experience.

He began to die.

One day a fool wandered into the castle and found the king alone. And being a fool, he was simple minded, he didn't see a king. He only saw a man alone and in pain. And he asked the king,

"What ails you friend?"

The king replied,

"I'm thirsty. I need some water to cool my throat".

So the fool took a cup from beside his bed, filled it with water and handed it to the king.

As the king began to drink, he realized his wound was healed. He looked in his hands and there was the holy grail, that which he sought all of his life. And he turned to the fool and said with amazement,

"How can you find that which my brightest and bravest could not?"

And the fool replied,

"I don't know. I only knew that you were thirsty."
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Love the story Gwyd!
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for a story about THIRST! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL