The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » DL question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

newbie2magic
View Profile
New user
New York
13 Posts

Profile of newbie2magic
Im learning some basic stuff and I'm trying to get the DL down. The problem I'm having is when I goto turn the two cards they slide apart so everyone knows there is two there. Is there a technique to doing it so your cards don't slide?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Check out Greg Wilson's Double Take DVD. There's few better investments for the double lift! 3 years or so after buying it (my first magic DVD) and I still refer back to it and I'm still working on polishing the DL that Greg himself uses.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Newbe -
it would help if you told us which DL you are trying to learn, and the source from which you are learning it.

There are many threads on the DL already !
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Whatever source you are using to learn the DL, read the instructions very carefully. I guess you are doing something wrong when it comes to the grip you use when turning over the cards. like Eddie said, it would be very helpful to tell us what DL you are trying to learn.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
Make sure you're holding the cards by three fingers (two fingers and the thumb).

///ark
newbie2magic
View Profile
New user
New York
13 Posts

Profile of newbie2magic
Im doing a standard push DL, from the "card manipulations" series by Hugard. What he's not clear on is if you grab the card by the edges to keep it together or first and second finger on the topside of the card, thumb on the underside of the card adn flip. I can do a clean DL by using my fingers on the outer edge of the cards and flippign them that way.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 13:27, newbie2magic wrote:
I can do a clean DL by using my fingers on the outer edge of the cards and flippign them that way.

Then do it that way...Hugard's version is not written in stone. It's a means to an end, but not the end in itself. Keep it natural and strive for consistency.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> DOM
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
DanielSkahen
View Profile
New user
NY
63 Posts

Profile of DanielSkahen
I second Greg Wilson's DVD, and I hate to fall to a cliche, but it really does come down to practice.
- Dan Skahen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » DL question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL