The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gravity flipper or not.....that is the question..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
Good one Jonathan. Not sure if I'd like too many things floppy though. Ron is, of course, right. I too have experimented with different gauges of these rubber bands( they're used for orthodontic braces). Problem;

1/ I had to buy 1000 lots-$25.00 Canadian. I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for a delivery from the States. Bought them in town.

2/ They come in 12 different gauges. Ive got 4 different flippers/floppers. Kennedy's, Walking Liberty's, Twoonies and an Eisenhower. No Morgan yet.

3/ By the end of this escapade, I was just about ready to pull my hair out.

Ron's right. It can be done. Have patience and you'll find the right bands for the right coins. I've heard,and tried 1/8 light for halves, 3/16 mediums for halves, 1/4 light for halves, 1/4 lights for dollars, 1/4 mediums for dollars, etc. They even have 3/8ths. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've destroyed two flippers, a half and an Eisenhower, thank God not my Schoolcraft, f$#@*&g around with these band combinations. I hope you have better luck, and patience, than I do.

I just hope that I don't break a band anytime soon, because I've got a drawer full of them.
Jim
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yea, I haven't experimented with any other coin but a half dollar. My favorite is the 1/4" medium grade. I don't feel much difference between the lite and the medium but the medium seems to last longer.

I also just picked up some of the non-latex type. They sell it to dentists because of people who are allergic to latex. It also said they have "longer shelf life" then latex. So I picked up a box of them. As Jim just mentioned I had to order a large quantity of them. So far after a couple of weeks of testing they seem very nice. Of course two weeks isn't long enough to really test how long they'll last but so far so good. Changing the band every couple of weeks don't take long anyway.

I don't know. Should I make them available on my site? I don't plan to make money off it really. Just two or three dollars a bag (Bag contains about 100 bands) for shipping. Like Jim, I have more then I need right now anyway.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Geeze, you guys with the rubber bands sure have more patience than I do. I have my one Walking Liberty flopper for about a year now and I use it everyday mostly and I haven't needed a rubber band yet. This is good, because I have never changed one and I don't picture it as being too much fun.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
Ron-that would be a great idea, to sell the bands on your site. I do know of about three places that sell 100 bands per bag, Roy Kueppers being one of them. If you've got this down to a relative science, meaning the different gauges, I say go for it. And the price is usually $3.00 per 100. Besides, it might bring in more traffic to your site. Fingers- I bet you've got a Schoolcraft Walking Liberty. Because of their construction, as opposed to "standard" flippers, they are more forgiving on the bands, and the bands last longer. Not as much strain. I'm sure you knew that already.

Jim
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
You have it right Jim, it is Schoolcraft. I am glad you said what you did, my eyes aren't the best anymore and I dread the day I will have to change the rubber band. Maybe you guys could start up a band replacement service, ha.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gravity flipper or not.....that is the question..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL