The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.AM. 2008 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Wish I could make it ... yall have fun!

See ya real soon!
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
4 days aways now!!!!!!
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Three actually...
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Magic Gala Show
Bring Your Family to Enjoy World-Renowned Magic Acts

January 19, 2008 • 7:30 PM / 6:30 PM Lobby Pre-show
Township Auditorium, 1703 Taylor St., Columbia, SC
$15.00 Adults, $10.00 Children (ages 2 to 12)
More information: http://www.thetownship.org 803-576-2350.

It’s a family-friendly stage revue show, with six outstanding magic and variety acts. Starring: Charlie Frye & Co. (Las Vegas Variety Act of The Year) plus five more magicians! With Close Up Magic in the Lobby.
A portion of the proceeds goes to benefit Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital, and blocks of tickets are donated each year to the families of Children’s Hospital and other area children’s charities.
More information: http://www.scamcon.org

Featuring:
Charlie Frye & Co. (Las Vegas Variety Act of The Year)
Magic, Juggling, Slapstick Comedy
Just Alan (Woodstock, NY )- Mystic Mysteries
Chris Capehart (Delaware) For Kids: “The Ring Master”
Danny Archer (Denver) Emcee - Magic & Mind Reading
Dave Tanner (Myrtle Beach) Grande Illusion
Matt McCoy (Columbia, SC) Lightning Fast Flash Magic
More information: http://www.scamcon.org
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
What fun .... Charlie Frye? OMG
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
Diddo on Charlie Frye. His stage performance was unbelievable! What talent!
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Charlie ans Sherry are un-real. Going to Winter Carnival just to see them again.

-matt
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I agree, Charlie Frye is awesome. His lecture was very entertaining. I also thought Chris Capehart rocked. I thought he was a kidshow guy and didn't realize he was a street performer.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Capehart is an all around performer. What else did folks see that was a highlight. I know some people dig Just Alan's type of performance .... I was not really sure his part was in place but I could be wrong .... but does anyone have a review of the whole con? I would like to know the overall idea of the con.

See ya real soon!
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I thought Just Alan was horrible. It was way out of place and I could hear the crowd yawning when he got on stage. He played a film in the background and did a trick. I don't see how anyone would enjoy this type of performance. To top it off he talked about Buddhism and Hinduism in the bible belt, shame on him.
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
If anyone has any pictures of the winner of the Close-Up contest from SCAM and wouldn't mind sharing, please email them to ring112.president@gmail.com He is a member of our ring and we would like to have a picture or two of him for our website. Thanks.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 11:10, Sir Pharaul wrote:
To top it off he talked about Buddhism and Hinduism in the bible belt, shame on him.

I don't think that's fair. Just Alan just did his act. I'm sure it's the same act that got him hired for the event in the first place. I'm sure the organizers of the event took into consideration the depth of Just Alan's character and weighed it against the type of crowd that attends the convention. Apparently, since he got booked, the organizers felt that the act was suitable for the convention and for the show, regardless of religious presentations. But to say shame on Just Alan for doing the job he was hired to do, I believe to be a bit out of line.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
I agree with Mr. Jones ... Just Alan didn't do anything wrong. I never said he did to clarify. I simply said I was not impressed .... I do not like that kind of presentation. However I do appreciate what it is he is trying to achieve. Oh well ...

See ya real soon!
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I agree that Just Alan may not have done anything wrong, but I agree with Sir Pharaul that his act was not good, at least it was not my cup of tea. I thought his lecture was pretty boring as well. Just my 2 cents.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
I missed most of the lectures .... I seen a bit of Chris Capeharts .... anyone see all the lectures?

See ya real soon!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
So.....should I be glad I stayed in Virginia for this convention? LOL

Other than Capehart(who ALWAYZ brings the pain) and Charlie Frye(who's so gifted he pi$$es me off), was there any other good things going on for the convention? How was the close up show? The competitions? The dealers? Please tell me the sessions were good.......I've never been to SCAM, but have always wanted to go. Woody Landers used to RAVE about it being one of the BEST close up conventions on the east coast. Almost made it this year, but the reviews I'm hearing are turning me off for next year.
<BR>
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Eric,
So, somebody doesn't like one act, and you start to get turned off to the whole convention...?
Let me respectfully suggest you have a bit more patience please, Eric...
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Oh, and Sir P,

"To top it off he talked about Buddhism and Hinduism in the bible belt, shame on him."

I don't know about the rest of the Bible belt, but, you see, here we practice freedom of religion and freedom of speech.
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Photos from the convention have been uploaded to the photographer Keith Rainey's web site, http://www.keithraineyphotography.com , and are currently available for viewing in the Featured Gallery section.

Thanks so much Keith!
More photos and some reviews to come soon.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 10:22, John Tudor wrote:
Eric,
So, somebody doesn't like one act, and you start to get turned off to the whole convention...?
Let me respectfully suggest you have a bit more patience please, Eric...

you're absolutely right....
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.AM. 2008 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL