The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Searching Members' locations ??? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I travel a lot and I am always looking to meet up with Café members in the places I travel to. I don't know of a convient way to search for members' locations. On the members page I can click the Location column header and sort by that (reverse alphabetical) but then I have to page, one at a time until I get to the location I'm interested in. Any ideas? For instance, I'm going to be in Greensboro, NC for a week, I'd like to locate members in that area. Thanks! Bob

Hello tech-helpers. Do any of you have any suggestions for me? I'm leaving Saturday and would like to try to locate some Cafér-ers before then. Thanks.
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Hi Bob! I'm not a tech-helper, but I'll try to help. I'm pretty sure the reason we can't search members' locations is because everyone enters there location differently. For example, you might have 4 people from New York City: one might be New York; one might be New York, NY; one might be NY; one might be NYC... you get the idea.

I can't really think of any ways to search loctaions. Sorry, but good luck!

-Alex
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5191 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Alex, you've got it right. Besides that, not all members actually put where they are from. I saw one that said "out there".
Where the magic begins
Aspology
View Profile
New user
Belgium
52 Posts

Profile of Aspology
Maybe it's indeed a problem of putting their location on. But when it's in their profile it would be nice to have the opportunity to search people from your country or state Smile
Dare 2 believe in magic
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
What about the ability for a new member or a current member to make an optional entry or change to their profile, that would offer a specific location CHOICE that a computer program could work with in a search for members located in specific states, major cities, areas, etc.?
Just a thought.

Steve
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5191 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Steve: Thanks for the idea however, the option to change your profile already exists. If a member wasn't willing to put their location in the "from" block, I doubt they'd add it to a new area, and if they did, we'd probably see the same type of entry. The search criteria would have to be modified in either case.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Searching Members' locations ??? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL