The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Meeting places? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
Where do you guys meet.
is there a ring in the USA that has it's own club house?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Rings meet in a lot of places, resturants, school Caféterias, other clubs club houses, Church halls, back of magic stores. etc. The Dallas Ring meets at a speciality store at a Dallas Mall. It is quite possible some ring has its own club house, I'm just not personally aware of one.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Our Ring (just over a year old) has met at a community center, two different restaurants, a bakery, and for an upcoming meeting, we are meeting in a (very large) church basement.

We will need a few more public shows and raffles before we buy our own magical arts center with clubhouse, theater and spa, that's for sure.

Yours,

Paul
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5394 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
We meet at a fire station (thus our name, the Northwest Ring of Fire).
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 10:18, Magiguy wrote:
We meet at a fire station (thus our name, the Northwest Ring of Fire).

Meeting in the Fire Station has nothing to do with our name (I hope). Living in the geological Ring of Fire (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire ) does.

Most rings aren't large, nor stable enough to warrant purchasing a "Clubhouse" Even the grand daddy of all fraternal organizations, The Masons, are liquidating much of their real estate due to the massive reduction of their membership in the past few years.

Clubs owning things is always s sticky situation. There has been much discussion as to what became of the Seattle rings extensive library after that clubs collapse and demise. Particularly because they're were some rare and expensive volumes in it. What would be the fate of a clubhouse and all it's holdings when the club's membership declined substantially?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5394 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 11:27, Payne wrote:
Meeting in the Fire Station has nothing to do with our name (I hope). Living in the geological Ring of Fire (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire ) does.

Very cool! I had been told otherwise, but I like this explanation much better. Thanks Payne!
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
I realize most rings meet in strange and borrowed places. Our ring here in Akron has met in 4 or 5 different restaurants over the past ten or so years. We are looking for a place to rent as a club house in the near future and I was just wondering if any other clubs had a home.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Ring 364 in Boise meets at The Funny Bone Comedy Club. Since the weekend business is brisk for them, their day to be closed is Monday. We use the facility on the night they are closed. It provides us with a stage, lights, sound system, and plenty of seating.

The use of the facility is given to us for free. In return, magicians will show up on comedy nights and work the crowds as they are getting seated. This turns out to be a big win-win for both the comedy club and the magic club. They get free entertainment, we get a free facility. We get exposure and practice, as well as a facility to put on our annual club performance for the public.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
The closest thing to a club house in my state has been two magic shops have provided club rooms for several organizations to use. Both shops now are gone and so the club rooms.
Believe you then that I do strange things
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Meeting places? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL