The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help! --Dollarama vs. Hundy 500 vs. Slow Burn? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
I use Bob King's Dollarama. Is Dollarama just an older dog that does the same trick? Please...Can anyone give me a comparison? I just hate duplicating what I already have?

Thanks
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
I have the same question. Dollarama appears quite similiar to the effects Smile
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
Hundy 500 is really good. Greg Wilson rocks!!!
????.....Yeah
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Evan, What is the main difference between them?
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Do a search on Slow Burn vs. Hundy 500
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
"Do a search on Slow Burn vs. Hundy 500"

I did and it seems that no one states the main differences. As a matter of fact there was a link in another thread but all it did was show the audience and not the effect.

From the threads I did read it seems to be the same.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
biggest difference, gman, is sudden reveal v. slower reveal.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
Again, the question is........comparison please between Bob King's Dollarama and Hundy 500? --- not Hundy vs. Slow burn.

thanks..
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
Amon-Re
View Profile
New user
Holland
86 Posts

Profile of Amon-Re
I don't now Dollarama but i just bpouhgt slow burn and Hundy500 IMHO Slow burn was not as good as Hundy500. Buy Hundy500 you'll have a very good explanation of the effect and you will learn some subtleties which i find very important on that DVD too.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Dollarama comes complete and ready to go, with some scary real dollar bill copies, and the effect is changing coupons into dollar bills instantly. Slow Burn is a slow, visual change. I don't have Hundy500, but I like Slow Burn over Dollarama. Slow Burn....9/10 Dollarama....8/10 Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I've seen all three and although I have used Dollarama to great reactions over the years, I just switched to Hundy 500 which is better than Slow Burn, IMHO. The primary reason I switched is the angle-free, open, slow handling that is possible with Hundy 500 along with the startling change that occurs right in front of the spectator's eyes.
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Forgive me guys, but does Hundy 500 come with gimmicked one hundred dollar bills?
(I don't have them just lying around)

Thanks,
Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Hi Steve

It doesn't come with gimmicked $100 bills. If you aren't rich enough - like many of us poor people then you can use any other value of $ bills.

Cheers
jimesw
http://www.thehungersite.com
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
I haven't got the other two, but Slow Burn is an excellent effect. It bears noting that angle problems that have been mentioned in this and other threads are a bit overstated. While I would find it difficult to perform if completely surrounded, it's really only people standing behind me that would cause me any trouble. Overall, it's pretty angle-friendly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Help! --Dollarama vs. Hundy 500 vs. Slow Burn? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL