The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Quick TT Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I am basking in my obvious rightness.

C'mon! Fight.......
Sorry, but usually when a person says what I believe they are assailed. I wanted to be assailed.

Perhaps I will do my Silk routine, using a TT on the You Tube. If it doesn't hurt your eye when I stick it there, you won't see what I'm doing.

I guess if I stuck my finger in your eye you probably would miss it too.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3410 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
All those that think Josh gives good humble, raise your right hand!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
DocEdward
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of DocEdward
I prefer the standard myself. It works great and I have never had a problem getting it on or off and getting things in and out. I do agree with Josh, and others, that it will not be noticed if used correctly. I've seen good magicians use TTs that came nowhere near to matching in any way without being seen. I am always amazed at how much I get away with using one.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
When I learned, My mentor used to make me wrap in in aluminum foil.
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Can I add another 'impromptu' TT to the cigar tube - this info was given to me by someone on a magic board - they went to a gig and forgot their stuff. Stopped at a store and bought some card and cellotape. Wrap the card round your thumb and tape it up. Voilla - a temporary TT. I've used the top of a 'prit stick' tube before. For US users if you don't have this brand it is a glue stick.
mrsmiles
(UK)
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
When I watch the pros work with a TT, even when I know I'm looking head on at it, I still can't "see" it. I know it's there because of the effect, but even looking for it, I can't see it.

I saw a great lit-cigarette vanish recently, fairly close up. I know it was a TT, but no layman would.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks!
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 09:43, Stanyon wrote:
All those that think Josh gives good humble, raise your right hand!

Cheers! Smile

I'm afraid to raise my right hand. I'm wearing a TT! Smile
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
508 Posts

Profile of Bendy
It's really just a matter of personal preference. I use both. I carry a softer/rubbery one on me and I keep a harder one in another pocket. For everything but bill switches, I prefer the softer ones. However, based on a suggestion by a very clever person on this Café, I solved the friction problem that prevented me from using a soft TT for bill switches by cutting a little strip of slick, glossy, metallic-looking contact paper along the inside of the TT. Bills slide right out. Problem solved.

So...when you eliminate any frictional problems, it just boils down to personal preference.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Quick TT Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL