The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Lizard Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Thanks for the suggestions, Michael.

I don't have a bunny. I have always had an aversion to them. Smile

However, if you can teach Mikey to sing, you'll always have a job on my show, and I might not even have to do any magic to make a show. Smile

At this point, I am thinking of modifying the Dove from Shoe Box and using that method just as a quick production.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
On the way home today, I was mulling over the illusion that takes place in the movie "The Prestige" -- the one where he walks into a box, closes the door, and immediately walks out another box on the other side of the stage.

I thought that it might be a fun idea to duplicate that effect using my lizard. Of course, I would have to purchase another lizard about the same size. I currently use Abbott's Elusive Bunny Box for a lizard production, but what would be a good box to use for a lizard vanish?

Brian

P.S. While in Niagara Falls last month, I had a chance to see Greg Frewin's show. In one of the routines, he vanishes a girl, via a De Kolta chair, and has her reappear across the stage in a tip-over trunk. Very nice routine. Because the two girls had short, black wigs on with identical clothes, it was a fantastic illusion.
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Brian-

A Night Club Dove Vanish or tear-apart would work. The only thing is, you'd have to build one yourself, as it will need to be a bit taller because the part that makes it all happen needs to be deeper than what's on the market. I have one of each, and Mikey is a bit too long to fit properly and be comfortable.

I have also considered a vanish via a double-wall bag using a large grocery sack, but have not sat down to make one and try it out. The shoe box production can also be used as a vanish.

And BTW - I have your costume, as promised. I just need to remember to bring it to work, so I can mail it to you. Smile

Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Thanks, Drew.

I'm in the process of putting together a new family show, and I thought this transposition would be nice. I may end up getting another costume later on, so that both lizards look identical. Smile

Brian
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I know we can make another one, provided we can find the same fabric. It bugs me to no end because sometimes I'd buy 1/2 a yard or yard of something, knowing I only needed a 2" X 6" strip to make the harness, and I would sell a bunch of that kind. Then when someone wanted another one, I'd have a hard time finding it again.

Oh well, even if we can't duplicate Merlin, we can do 2 tuxedos for sure.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Lizard Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL