The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Harrison's Connected DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I remember seeing the reviews for the manuscript, they sounded fantastic. I'm gonna like the dvd. Looks like great quality.

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/

AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW. PETER HarrisON'S MIND BLOWING 'CONNECTED - TORN AND RESTORED CARD TO SPECTATORS WALLET'!!!

The magician asks YOU to select a card.
YOU rip it into four equal pieces.
YOU give three back and keep one yourself.
After a squeeze.....The magician's three pieces vanish - Gone.
In your own wallet, there are the three pieces. No longer torn - restored with one quarter missing. Your piece.

This is a torn and restored card effect that changes direction, cutting loose of all expectation and rationality. CONNECTED has been Peter's closing effect in his close-up routine for years and now it is available to you.
This is not your typical card trick - What you receive is a super indepth tutorial lasting over one hour that'll teach you everything you need to make this amazing routine your own.

"BUY EVERYTHING THIS MAN SELLS!" Justin Miller - Professional magician.

"THIS IS A MUST HAVE! AMAZING!!" Alan Rorrison, Professional Magician

"The method employed in this effect is one of pure genius. The climax is quite possibly like no other that can be created in close up magic." Matthew Winnard, Close-up Champion - 28th New Zealand Magic Convention

"BUY THIS! Very clever Peter..." Cody S Fisher, Professional Magician

"Peter is magic's best kept secret". Greig Barret, Professional Magician

"This is incredible. Thank you for this genius piece of work Peter". Cody Gutcher, Magician

"This is probably the most worthwhile purchase I've made. This effect is that good. I can't stop talking about it. Thanks Peter for such a great effect!" Bryan London, Magician

"All I can say is Wow! Excellent construction, so magical. I can definitely see myself using this. It's a powerhouse effect!" Cameron Francis, Professional Magician

"It's a superb routine. Super subtle miracle - I love it!" David Forrest, Professional Magician
--------------------------------------------

Hehe guess I'm gonna have to get it, Man money is coming and going

Already ordered up

Loops Set
The Cloak DVD

Waiting for-
Andrew Mayne's Shrinker
Cb book
and now...Connected.

2007 is gonna be a great year Smile but not for my wallet.
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
After watching the demo ill think ill pass,although its been edited to show bits of the effect the ditching of the extra piece as the cards are picked up from the spectators hand is so clear.so from this point on you can work out the rest of the effect for yourself.my money is staying in my wallet.
is he your friend ?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Bleh no he's not my friend...well good E editing then huh?

Well I just heard good things from reviews.
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Peter David Harrison
Well with so many sales and not a single negative review I think it's more than editing. Nearly every customer has contacted me to tell me how surprised they were by the method and how they didn't expect it.

Blindside785, yeah you did hear good things from reviews. Here at the Café, at Talkmagic, at Ellusionist, 2deemagic.com..... the list goes on.

I was just letting you know that you shouldn't jump to speculation of how things work, especially when so many customers are totally caught out by the method.

P.H.
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
Perhaps its because I spot methods easily as I have been performing magic for many years.these young magicians think that they have just invented the double lift you know..i think when you only show bits of an effect as a demo the least you could do is not show the obvious bits, from a sellers point of view.but of course from my view its great cause I don't part with any money.if you want me to be a bit more specific when the magician takes the pieces from the punters hand he adds on a piece which he then tells the spectator to keep.go figure the rest from your description of the effect.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 04:56, takashi miike wrote:
Perhaps its because I spot methods easily as I have been performing magic for many years.

You haven't spotted the method at all. In nearly every effect where 'the corner matches' at the end, that corner has been switched. If you believe that what you see in the TRAILER (NOT demo!) constitutes the method of 'CONNECTED' then you are sorely mistaken.

At the end of the day, you are entitled to dismiss the effect out of hand based on the promotional material that is made available. However, in this case, I'd have to say that you'd be making an enormous error by doing so.

Dave.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I don't think great magic necessarily has to be designed to fool US as magicians. We are typically "supposed" to know how effects are done. When I see the Invisible Deck, I know exactly how it is done but it FRIES laymen. We have to be able to see through the eyes of a lay audience.

Also, this effect is NOT a ten second effect that can easily be captured in a trailer. It takes some work and management to create what can be a devastating moment. But just like a 3 hour movie represented by a 30 second trailer, the clip is designed to give an "idea" of what you will see - not a complete performance. I don't think they are trying to "hide" anything.

But certainly if one is not comfortable from the ad copy, etc. a vendor provides they should never feel obligated or forced to buy something... go onto something else where you do want to buy it.

I have been fortunate enough to see an advanced copy of the DVD. It is superbly produced and the effect really kills. I had previously heard a lot about this effect on other chat boards so I purchased the download. After getting it I was honestly not convinced it would play as well as it does. But after SEEING it, it helped me to better understand it and I can now see how this will really hit an audience hard. I'm glad to see the decision was made to go to DVD with this as it allows them to give all of the details and allows you to SEE the strength of this item.

Tim Trono
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Sounds pretty cool.
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Heh. Don't waste your time on him, Dave and Peter. He obviously completely misses the point of this effect, and actually seems like more of a heckler than a magician. So proud of himself for picking up on a TINY piece of this routine and completely convinced that he now knows everything about it. Let's see, if I remember correctly, less than a page of an ebook that was over 20 pages discusses the "move" in question. Obviously he has mastered every subtlety that makes this routine work by simply seeing the workings of 1/40th of the routine. Give me a break.

Best of luck with the DVD version of Connected!

-Dustin
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Peter,

My best wishes on your release and success with this effect.

Nick Verna
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Jlowhy
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Jlowhy
Initially, I didn't quite like how the promo trailer had cuts and all. However, the description of the effect read too good. Later, I did a search around and realised that CONNECTED was initially a PDF. The reviews for it were very good which convinced me to pre-order the effect. It's worth checking out the reviews for the CONNECTED PDF to see if you want to get this.

For myself, I can't wait to receive this.

Gosh BBM, you guys are gonna suck the cash out of my wallets with so much great productions. I hate you!
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
I think the selling pt of this trick is the card is within spectator's wallet. Vanishing and torn and restore card is everywhere.

I just hopes that the 'loading' method is clever. If it is simply put it into spectator's wallet pre-show secretly, then the trick is no difft frm other card to anyplace.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
This effect is amazing and a real worker, everything has been fully thought through and tested through countless performances to get it to where it is now. Their is no pre-show work, everything happens within the routine. This is not a stand alone effect and so is not for those who want to just walk up to a random person and instantly do this, this was designed to be a closer for a routine.
And when it comes to thinking you have the effect all worked out due to the corner thing, really, you have absolutely no idea and their is a lot more to this effect that you couldn't possibly learn from a teaser trailer.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
It looks and sounds like a true miracle. So is this releassed yet? How much is it?
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-05-29 03:13, wise owl wrote:
I think the selling pt of this trick is the card is within spectator's wallet. Vanishing and torn and restore card is everywhere.

I just hopes that the 'loading' method is clever. If it is simply put it into spectator's wallet pre-show secretly, then the trick is no difft frm other card to anyplace.

No pre-show, no stooges. You don't actually have to touch the spectator's wallet. I too think the T&R idea is everywhere but this is a card to wallet effect first and a T&R second. The T&R involved in this effect was evolved simply for the presentational direction I was wanting the routine to have.

Take it easy,

P.H.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
No stooges?
No close friends of the spectator helps to insert the card to wallet first (classical way, I hopes this do not expose anything)? That will be interesting.

You mean the trick can just pick any audience dwn stage, play a few trick with them then do 'connected'. Without touching his/her wallet and the restored card somehow loaded into his/her wallet? Its real magic then.

If as described, it is worth every dollar we paid. I will go and get it.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
By the way, can the principle apply to 'card to anyplaces' other than wallet?
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

It can do but the method is taught assuming you will be using the wallet as the location for the impossible magic to happen! And yes, you don't have to know or have met this person before in your life. You can't actually get the product right now but you can pre-order as the DVD is out on the 11th of June.

Take it easy,

P.H.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2689 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Peter,

I only have one question . . . what if the spectator does not have a wallet (like a woman)?

thank you,
Greg Rostami
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Quote:
On 2007-05-30 15:36, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Peter,

I only have one question . . . what if the spectator does not have a wallet (like a woman)?

thank you,
Greg Rostami

well,then you cant perform it to his/her wallet.
The effect is constructed in 2 steps and in the first step you are able to find out if he/she is having a wallet or not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Harrison's Connected DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL