The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Harrison's Connected DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Peter David Harrison
Hey Greg,

The effect itself does the work for you. You never have to actually outright ask if she has a wallet (I do at the the climax though). Basically, the effect itself figures out if they have a wallet and if they don't then you are never left in a sticky situation. The worst thing happens is that you can't perform this card to wallet... But you make no comittments and you are not left hanging. It's hard to explain but basically the way the effect has been structured means that you are always safe.

Take it easy,

P.H.
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
I'll be buying this again anyway..and in DVD format..even better. Way too many books to read lately (making my way through bobos, AOA and 13steps as it is)

Besides, I deleted the PDF file by accident anyway..gah.
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
princeparadox
View Profile
New user
Kleinkleckershausen
12 Posts

Profile of princeparadox
I just finished reading the ebook! All I can say is: AMAZING!!! This is kind of different thinking you don't excpect. Buy this DVD!
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

MixMasterMad,

Glad you enjoyed the PDF! I'm sure you will love the DVD, it's got some handy little extras that can make a big difference!

P.H.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I just bought the pdf on a " just want to know the method basis" and I must say not nothing what I thought it would be. I will at some point( I'm a bit over loaded on material right now) perform this. its a great idea!
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Glad you enjoyed it Joshua... Just couldn't help yourself huh? Smile

I understand about the material overload... I hope you eventually find time to give it a go!

Take it easy,

P.H.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hello fellow Magi,

I downloaded Connected the other night and have been playing around with it!
Great concept and idea! My hat is off to Peter.
Anyways, I was talking with my good friend Christopher Williams, and he actually came up with a good method for vanishing the pieces from your hand. Not only that, but he has a different handling to the effect, which is more visual in my opinion.
People that would like to know just PM me or him and we will let you know.
I don't want to expose anything on here.
But overall, great effect.
I will be getting the DVD as well.

Peter,

I will PM you!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Thanks Alex, I think the routine is great, and I have already come up with several other variations and handlings for this great effect!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

That is excellent news Christopher and Alex sent me a PM. The DVD (which should be out in the next couple of days) covers three different vanishes I use in different situations.

Glad you two are enjoying the routine!

P.H.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Peter, when I have written up my handling in full, not just the vanish, but the handling as well, I am also going to write up alternate routines. Once this has been done, I will send them to you
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Mr. Miike (I love yor work, BTW. "Audition" totally freaked me out), I can understand slamming a trick from a demo. But not from a trailer which does not give you the whole effect.

I do not know Peter Harrison, but I did purchase the PDF of Connected and all I can say is that the effect is very, very impressive.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
86 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
"It's a superb routine. Super subtle miracle - I love it!" David Forrest, Professional Magician

Now I have the DVD and yes its a great effect! very clever use of routineing and has closer written all over it.

It may not suit every magic style or show, but when you are ready, get ready for jaws on floors time!

Top Notch stuff!!!!!
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Yes, Connected delivers! It is innovative and original in technique and method - powerful, easy to perform and creates the highest impact.

Nathan

On 2007-06-10 07:36, garethwitty wrote:
"It's a superb routine. Super subtle miracle - I love it!" David Forrest, Professional Magician

Now I have the DVD and yes its a great effect! very clever use of routineing and has closer written all over it.

It may not suit every magic style or show, but when you are ready, get ready for jaws on floors time!

Top Notch stuff!!!!!
[/quote]
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
This sounds great. I think I'll pick it up.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I just purchased the pdf version the other day and Peter is a creator who totally gets it. The effect and method are simply amazing. This is how all effects should be. I'm mainly a mentalist, but now knowing this effect I am very much inspired to keep creating. GREAT work Peter and I wish you much success.

I highly recommend this - doesn't get any better than this. Simple, direct and hard hitting.

Best,

JZ
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Josh and I'm glad you enjoyed the product!

P.H.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
There might be a wordgame going one here ('trailer isn't the same as demo') but all the footage I've seen, and that is the only footage you see before you actually buy the product, leaves a lot of the routine out. There has been a lot of editing and not just for the sake of streamlining the movie.
If you know the WHOLE routine it surprises me that not one spectator said: Of course it is my wallet now !

Frans
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Fvdbeel,

Please go back and watch your DVD or read your PDF. There is a reason every othger customer is satsified and I've performed this successfully to all types of people for 7 years. I think you are missing some important points, unless you learned it via unethical actions and therefore missed a lot.

P.H.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I'm sorry, but I don' t miss a point and what are unethical actions by the way ?

What do I see in the demo:

person picks card
card is torn into pieces
nearly all pieces vanish
pieces are found back in wallet spectator, all healed and only one piece missing that matches...blahblah.

When you buy the effect after seeing only this, you don't get the whole picture.

I'm nothing saying this is a bad effect. Only that the demo isn't correct.

Frans
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
The demo certainly is edited. I don't like this type of advertising method too. It makes the effect look more unreal than it is.

But then, except real magic, I supposed that we can't expected the card into spectator's wallet, without the magician or stooge touching the wallet at some pt during the show??

Overall I still found the DVD educational and the effect is well worth the money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Harrison's Connected DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL