The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animal magic to teach animal care (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
Ok, I´m sure you should have a lot of ideas about this, and maybe could help me or take it for your own, you see, a lot of people think we magicians are cruel with our animals, just for intuition or for movies and stuff (like the prestige, which I think is a pretty cool movie!") But you couldn´t belive the many times I had been asked if I'm gonna kill my parakeet when I go to take a walk with her perched on my shoulder, anyway, I have this parakeet, a bunny and a duck, they are pretty cool pets and great for magic shows, they seem to enjoy the attention so much, so... I was thinking about doing a show where they are the main characters, maybe a story telling thing, like a children´s tale involving a rabbit, a duck and a little parakeet, and maybe try to educate people about animal care while doing it or in a separate show, any ideas on how to do this entretaining as well as educative?

Thank you all!
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Maybe you can use various productions and transformations to get their food. Maybe change an orange crayon into a carrot or a handfull of confetti to bird seed etc. For the parakeet, once you've introuduced him can tell about how he came a long way to be here, mentioning that they are native to Australia etc.

After the show would give you some time to teach folks as well. We have medium sized lizards (around 2 ft long each) we take out in public on a regular basis and people will often stop and ask quesitons etc. We make sure to let them know they are have special care requirments (special lights, need vet care etc) so that people aren't tempted to go get one on a whim. My point being that even if you can't work everything you want to share into your show, the aftershow might be a good time to get the rest of the inof to people.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
That´s quite good, great idea the getting food stuff, and also like the after show teaching about the animals, I already do it when people come to ask something when they are taking a walk or stuff, but haven´t thought of doing that after the show, thank you Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animal magic to teach animal care (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL