The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coin In Bottle - Original? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 15:44, gmmagic124 wrote:
What illusion?

It doesn't look like it is in the bottle at all.

gdw,
A coin does not float, it FALLS.
Plus, a coin does not fall that way in water. Go ahead, drop a coin in a real bottle of water, then see how it really looks compared to that. (viscosity)

I see the coin falling down the BEHIND the bottle.
That is what I see.
That is just what I see.

It looks like the coin rides along the back of the bottle.

That is what it looks like to me.

Geeze, I HAVE dropped money in water, and they FLOAT down just like that. You try it.

Also, try dropping a coin just along the back of abottle and see if it looks like that. You have got to be kidding me if you really think it does.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 15:30, shadows wrote:
"Wow, how nice.. learning magic in open foruns" - this could be what any layman could have said if reading this. I have to agree with gdw. How can anyone comment in an effect without knowing the secret? I'm not affiliated with the creator in any way, I just have my opinion and I think no one should discuss or try to expose anything just because it looks good, or because that person does not knows how to achieve the effect.
I have no idea how it works, I just think it looks great and that's all it matters.
Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Uh, what? Great first post...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
shadows
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of shadows
It's not a great post, it's just my opinion. And no, I'm not the creator, not his friend, and I don't even know the effect, but if I was not a magician, by this time I would have learned a lot of effects since I registered yesterday. I think that's not positive at all to magic. Sorry but that's the way I think about this thread and others.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Dude, you are trippin!!!!!

There is no exposure here! Have you been in a closet the last few years buddy? Do you know how much exposure there is on youtube and other places on the net?

This is the best place to show a clip if you want it to remain a secret! Come on man!

Have a look around and you will see what I mean. But don't come on here, scroll down to a random thread, open it and say that people are exposing stuff in your first post on the Café. Gimme a break...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
shadows
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of shadows
Hart, man... relax a little bit, nobody it talking to you... easy.
I'm just sharing my opinion, the magic Café servers are based in US, US is a free country! There are ton's of exposure on youtube that's right but because their is exposure on youtube we should do it everywhere just because that lamme kid's do it on youtube?
Just my two cents.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 17:45, gdw wrote:
Geeze, I HAVE dropped money in water, and they FLOAT down just like that.

Coins don't float, they are made of metal. Smile
Go drop a coin for real in water (and film it, then show it) I guarantee you the path it moves is not like that...it will Flip. Throw a coin in a fountain watch the viscosity of the water change its direction and even flip the coin around.

That coin is NOT in the bottle. It doesn't even look like it is.
It does not look genuine at all. It looks like it is behind the bottle.
That is what it looks like. I don't see the big deal in this trick.

Plus, most water bottle are not smooth like that one in the video.
They are ridged and it wouldn't be practical for many.

Go drop a coin in water for real, and film it. Let's see.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 18:15, Hart Keene wrote:
Dude, you are trippin!!!!!

There is no exposure here! Have you been in a closet the last few years buddy? Do you know how much exposure there is on youtube and other places on the net?

This is the best place to show a clip if you want it to remain a secret! Come on man!

Have a look around and you will see what I mean. But don't come on here, scroll down to a random thread, open it and say that people are exposing stuff in your first post on the Café. Gimme a break...

Exactly, no exposure here at all.
I honestly stated what I saw in the video does NOT look convincing to me at all.
It looks like the coin is still outside of the bottle the whole time.

He wanted some professional opinions...He got them.
Jlowhy
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Jlowhy
Thank you for your opinions gmmagic124.

The gimmick involved is not a Passing Thru gimmick. It's been confirmed after my friend consulted some people. If there's any similarity to any other CIBs in the market, please inform me, that's precisely what we wish to find out. Whether it's original.

I think perhaps you may find that the video doesn't look convincing because of the quality. My friend will try to get a good one out soon. He also has 2 other variations as well which is purely a penetration effect. He'll be getting the videos out on that too and hopefully that'll satisfy you.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-05-28 05:32, tuffnavyrn wrote:
Contact Ellusionist

Good idea.
Contact Ellusionist and double check with them.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 18:30, gmmagic124 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 17:45, gdw wrote:
Geeze, I HAVE dropped money in water, and they FLOAT down just like that.

Coins don't float, they are made of metal. Smile
Go drop a coin for real in water (and film it, then show it) I guarantee you the path it moves is not like that...it will Flip. Throw a coin in a fountain watch the viscosity of the water change its direction and even flip the coin around.

That coin is NOT in the bottle. It doesn't even look like it is.
It does not look genuine at all. It looks like it is behind the bottle.
That is what it looks like. I don't see the big deal in this trick.

Plus, most water bottle are not smooth like that one in the video.
They are ridged and it wouldn't be practical for many.

Go drop a coin in water for real, and film it. Let's see.

First off, yes, a coin WOULD flip, if it is DROPPED into the water. The illusion here is that it is IN the water, and then dropped down. It does not drop from above the water. You would have to hold the coin under water, and then release it. If I MUST, I will film what it looks like and then post it. Also, even if it DOES flip, in such a short distance when released while completely vertically in a confined area, it will still fall in a similar slow manner.

Complaining on such a semantic level about the way it "falls through the water" is like complaining about how every levitation does not move like if it were really floating in air. No sh ite.

But the illusion is ***ed convincing.

Of course it is not REALLY in side, it's an illusion.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-05-30 13:56, gdw wrote:

Of course it is not REALLY in side, it's an illusion.

To me it just doesn't look like it is inside the bottle.
It looks like it is behind the bottle.
It does not fool me one bit.

Send it to Ellusionist...See what they say.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 18:27, shadows wrote:
Hart, man... relax a little bit, nobody it talking to you... easy.
I'm just sharing my opinion, the magic Caf� servers are based in US, US is a free country! There are ton's of exposure on youtube that's right but because their is exposure on youtube we should do it everywhere just because that lamme kid's do it on youtube?
Just my two cents.

Once again nobody is exposing anything! I don't know what you are talking about...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
When will the new video be up?
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
It appears it uses Parker's Passing Thru gimmick. Just handled differently to hold the coin back from falling to the ground, instead of letting it loosely move around. If so, it's not an origional concept, just an origional handling of the gimmick.

However, before even thinking about marketing, you DO need to do some investment into finding out if it is in fact origional. By that, I mean what was already suggested. Purchase all the coin in bottle and ring in bottle effects you can get your hands on. It's the cost of doing business.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Jlowhy
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Jlowhy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxwh4RCVDI

My friend just placed up a new video featuring the various versions of his coin in bottle.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Quote:
On 2007-06-06 01:05, wayno wrote:
It appears it uses Parker's Passing Thru gimmick. Just handled differently to hold the coin back from falling to the ground, instead of letting it loosely move around. If so, it's not an origional concept, just an origional handling of the gimmick.

However, before even thinking about marketing, you DO need to do some investment into finding out if it is in fact origional. By that, I mean what was already suggested. Purchase all the coin in bottle and ring in bottle effects you can get your hands on. It's the cost of doing business.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub

I agree.

Besides these look way to obvious to me.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Thanks for the video, but I'll pass. It doesn't look original or convincing at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coin In Bottle - Original? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL