The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Kevin Parker effect coming soon... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Just to let you know, Kevin Parker has a new effect coming out soon, called 'Manimation'.

The effect is, you come out and show both hands clean. You take a pen and draw a line on your palm. With nothing on your other palm, you wipe your hand over your clean hand, and the line is transferred. You then repeat back to the other hand, and the spectator can rub over it and check it really is drawn on to your hands and won't rub off.

The demo looks good, however, the method seems obvious to a Magician, however I can imagine how a spectator would see it, and think it is great

http://kevinparkerproductions.com/manimationdemo.wmv
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
That is cool. I love all kevin parker effects. Any idea on how much it is priced?
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Not very impressive. The marked hand is never shown clean, so it's not really a transfer.
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
The amazement is not how it transfers but how the mark on the left hand appears after seemingly being shown clean. Again as the first post suggests it will not amaze magicians. Come to think of it its not really that hard hitting...
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Nice cool reputation maker. I think it worth looking forward for. Well mitchb2 from what you say it seems that you just beginner, relax man, take it easy, effect is good.
Pavlo
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I think this looks great, I it looks to be something I'd def use. It really doesn't matter about the marked hand never being shown clean, as far as they are concerned they see a line on one hand which jumps to a previously clean hand and back again.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
I'd love to see some performance reactions of people observing the effect that close up.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I really don't think it is very clean for a Kevin Parker effect.
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
Kevin parker effects and clean??? you must be mistaken...Other than revolution(and nexus), all his other effects end dirty. But they are very innovative
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
I've never been a fan of Kevin Parker. I do kind of like his coin through glass, but I don't think most of his stuff is very practical.
Peter David Harrison
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Peter David Harrison
Quote:
On 2007-05-28 15:02, THEGUY26 wrote:
I really don't think it is very clean for a Kevin Parker effect.

I think it's as clean as a Kevin Parker effect. Remember the cleanup for Passing Thru is to run away.

Spectator from his video: "Hey, where did he go?"

P.H.
jalal12321
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of jalal12321
Hahaha.

As for the effect itself, I don't really like it. It's over in like 4 seconds and I feel wouldn't have as much impact as it could. I love Kevin Parker effects, he has some great ideas, although this in my opinion is not one of them.
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
All it needs is patter to floor them...an effect without logical patter is not hard hitting
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 07:31, socter wrote:
...an effect without logical patter is not hard hitting

An effect that doesn't require ANY patter though is truly hard hitting.
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
But without patter this trick would be like sorta redundant...
Performer: Hey look I can transfer a line to my other hand magically!!

Spectator: So?

Some tricks need the magical moment if not patter. You don't just go up to a person and like just pop a coin through the bottle and give them a souvenir. You need showmanship to truly convince them something spectacular happened. Just my opinion..
(getting a little off topic)
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
For any VISUAL effect particularly a convincing CIB, it would stand on its own without patter.
Something sooo visual wouldn't even require a verification for it to even be signed.

Something so highly visual sells itself.

For THIS trick, yes I would suggest some strong patter.
This cannot stand on its own IMHO without something to aid and strengthen it.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hehe I already got my patter for the new cibs..."This, this, BAM!"
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 09:37, hiphopperco wrote:
For any VISUAL effect particularly a convincing CIB, it would stand on its own without patter.
Something sooo visual wouldn't even require a verification for it to even be signed.

Something so highly visual sells itself.

For THIS trick, yes I would suggest some strong patter.
This cannot stand on its own IMHO without something to aid and strengthen it.

yeah dude spot on. Blindside...that made me chuckle nice one
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Quote:
On 2007-05-28 23:52, socter wrote:
Kevin parker effects and clean??? you must be mistaken...Other than revolution(and nexus), all his other effects end dirty. But they are very innovative

If you compare them to all other effects of the kind, they are clean.
orsha23
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of orsha23
I think this effect is great. it may not look so good as a stand alone, but if used in the context of a trick with patter (already said), it would absolutely floor the spectators. it's great looking. . . hope it's great working.

-jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Kevin Parker effect coming soon... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL