The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
I will be sure to tell you how I like it when I get it. Im glad its getting good reviews.

Now after I get this I will have to find out where to get a big suply of kevlar for all my non elastic thread work and I will never have to buy any thread again.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
What's the deal with Kevlar? Apparently it's the best IT out there (by that I mean strongest). My friend swears by it. It's also in a limited supply apparently.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Brownbeauty Magic will be carrying many different types of Magician Threads including "Infinity" kevlar, Invisible Thread and some others not even in the market place yet. I will keep you posted.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
I cant wait till you guys get the kevlar in stock.
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Hey rudy, just woundering but is the white more invisible than the black. what are the andvantages/disadvantages of each color?

Thank you very much,
-Aaron
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
Quick question..
I don't really have too much trouble with thread. But obviously it's always nice to find a better/stronger/more invisible one.
I'm currently using Mesika's Elastics(dispenser) which is so easy to handle.
My question is does'nt anyone feel the ease of the despenser type has a lot going for it?
Is this thread really that much better that I should switch back to trying to unspool invisible thread. Which at times can be annoying, especially when your used to the dispenser.

Richard
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Any one from uk wanting to split the spool??

pm me.

M:C
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 10:08, jussy wrote:
It is DIRT easy to strip (Breaks down in to just 3 pieces not 100 so there is no confussion..and strips like string cheese thanks Ron)

It stripped down to 4 pieces for me. Stripped down very easily and didn't break while pulling it off!
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Ok I just got my huge roll of thread in the mail yesterday so I will tell you what I think.
Ok so I am currently using PenguinMagics thread and I am very happy with it but I heard that other people said that it was not as strong as other threads. Infact some people were not happy with penguins thread because they thought that it broke too easily.
INFINITY THREAD
Ok the first think I have to say is that this thread is NOT the best thread that I have used and it is NOT the worst thread I have used. I was not very happy about how strong it was. I was expecting this to be better than penguinmagics thread. PenguinMagics thread is actualy THINNER, STRONGER, and more INVISIBLE than the Infinity thread. PenguinMagics thread is so invisible that sometimes I cant even find it on my wrists! I heard one person said that Silkworm thread was stronger than PenguinMagics thread so Silkworm is probably a lot stronger than the Infinity thread.
Even though it is not as strong as penguinmagics thread, it is still pretty good thread. And by the way it is more elastic than most threads.
I will still be using this thread on a regular basis but I will use Penguinmagics thread in situations were I would need more invisibility.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Quote:
On 2007-06-15 14:07, jamie9 wrote:
Ok I just got my huge roll of thread in the mail yesterday so I will tell you what I think.
Ok so I am currently using PenguinMagics thread and I am very happy with it but I heard that other people said that it was not as strong as other threads. Infact some people were not happy with penguins thread because they thought that it broke too easily.
INFINITY THREAD
Ok the first think I have to say is that this thread is NOT the best thread that I have used and it is NOT the worst thread I have used. I was not very happy about how strong it was. I was expecting this to be better than penguinmagics thread. PenguinMagics thread is actualy THINNER, STRONGER, and more INVISIBLE than the Infinity thread. PenguinMagics thread is so invisible that sometimes I cant even find it on my wrists! I heard one person said that Silkworm thread was stronger than PenguinMagics thread so Silkworm is probably a lot stronger than the Infinity thread.
Even though it is not as strong as penguinmagics thread, it is still pretty good thread. And by the way it is more elastic than most threads.
I will still be using this thread on a regular basis but I will use Penguinmagics thread in situations were I would need more invisibility.

Did you strip it down to the three threads before comparing how thin and invisible it was? I am just curious how you tested things to make a valid comparison.

--Jim
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2007-06-15 16:04, jimbowmanjr wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-15 14:07, jamie9 wrote:
INFINITY THREAD

Did you strip it down to the three threads before comparing how thin and invisible it was? I am just curious how you tested things to make a valid comparison.

--Jim

yes I did. Actualy there are four threads. I stripped it down to four and make some loops. Then I compared it to using a loop from penguinmagics thread and penguinmagics thread was stronger and thinner. This thread is not the strongest thread that you can get. I heard that silkworm thread was really strong!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Jamie, Just curious... How did you test the strength of the 2 threads?

-Vinnie
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2007-06-16 22:45, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Jamie, Just curious... How did you test the strength of the 2 threads?

-Vinnie

Ok PenguinMagics thread could pull more cards then the Infinity thread and Infinity loops broke more often the Penguinmagic loops while practicing standard loops effects. I like PenguinMagics thread better because it is so invisible and pretty strong for how thin it is. Infinity is thicker and not as strong. Hey vinnie, you can get a free sample and try it out.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Hi Jamie,
I appreciate your opinion however I think you may be one of the few magicians I have heard of that likes Penguins Thread.

I still would like to think that Justin Millers review speaks volumes.

Justins review is the first post in this thread (no pun intended).

Rudy Sanchez
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
The trailer for The Cloak is up at http://www.thecloakdvd.com

the username and password is:

thread
world

Justin N. Miller
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2007-06-17 18:57, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
Hi Jamie,
I appreciate your opinion however I think you may be one of the few magicians I have heard of that likes Penguins Thread.

I still would like to think that Justin Millers review speaks volumes.

Justins review is the first post in this thread (no pun intended).

Rudy Sanchez

Im not trying to be mean but Im just saying that I was unhappy with your thread. Justins review is the reason that I bought your product so I thought that it would be really good. And I don't know how you can say that the PenguinMagic thread is bad when yours is worse. Like I said previously PenguinMagics thread is STRONGER AND THINNER! Your thread is about as thick as Mesika thread and more fragile than Penguin thread.
And penguinMagic thread is not even very strong to begin with. When I read Justin Millers review I thought that it would be way better than anything else on the market. SO I when I got this in the mail I was extremely disapointed. And for $80
It should at least be quality thread!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

I just got my sample of the thread in the mail, but can not strip it!

I see the end, and am holding it, but can't fray it to get the threads stripped. Any help?

-Vinnie
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Just got my sample too....WOW

Here's a tip to start the fraying......pull a small piece off the end until it snaps....once it snaps, it exposes the 4 REDICULOUSLY TINY threads.

At first I thought it was way too thick....until I snapped a piece and my jaw dropped. The 4 mini strands are just unbelievable. I'm going to try and post a picture of just how THIN these threads are. Anyone know how to post a picture on the Café?

Just a correction to all previous posts....there are definitely 4 smaller strands...

it's rediculous how thin they are Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have had all the threads mentioned and the thread that Rudy Sanchez has called Infinity Thread is by far the best. If there was a JD Powers award for thread, Infinity would win hands down!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Hey Rabbit,

Thanks for the help! I got them separated. INCREDIBLY SMALL STRANDS!

The only thing I'm having trouble with right now is stripping out one individual strand. =/

I've stripped A LOT of invisible thread in my life, but it seems this is harder because its SO elasticy! Any recommendations?

-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL