The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Hi Vinnie,
Check your email, I sent you some instructions that may help.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I basically cut the unstripped strand into the length I need for a closeup loop...and then tape one end down to a white paper.

I strip out the 4 strands, taping their ends down to the paper. I then undo the first tape holding the entire thread, and undo the little ends....very quick and easy, and you get all 4 in one shot.

BTW, thank you so much Rudy for this sample....I'm trying to get a bunch of friends in on this deal and order our spool really soon Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Vinnie. Maybe you're trying to strip it like normal Invisible thread. In other words are you trying to pull the single strand out of the end of the bundle? If so that might be why you're having a hard time with it. The Infinity Thread separates differently. The strands pull apart sideways. I describe it as how you separate string cheese (I know it sounds funny). Grab the end of one strand in one hand. Then hold the rest of the strands in the other. Then pull them apart but pulling your hands away from each other.

Give that a try and see if it helps. If not let me know and I'll make a video for you.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just took this from the Infinity Loop E-book and turned it into a single page PDF file. It'll show you how to strip the Infinity Thread.

http://www.magicjax.com/infinitystrip.pdf

Now, after some of you mentioned that is strips into 4 strands instead of 3. I took a closer look at the thread. From what I can tell this is what's happening. The thread strips down into 3 major strands. Each of these 3 strandes can also be stripped into micro thin strands. I can't imagine anyone needed it that thin but it's possible to strip each of the 3 strands down even smaller. So small that I didn't even notice thsi before and I have very good eye site. Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey Ron! Thanks! That works great!

And this thread is so great that you may even be able to get away with using the UNSTRIPPED thread on stage if your going to set it up from wall to wall. (Horizontally)

I know it's not needed, but maybe for some people who are looking for more strength to levitate something heavier.

-Vinnie
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I'm now having a really late lunch thanks to Rudy and this fantastic thread.

I spent the last hour and a half making loops, testing strength, re-making loops... yadda yadda...

:)
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Im not saying that it is bad thread. Im just saying that I was dissapointed because it wasnt very strong. Did anyone else think that this thread was kinda weak?
My Infinity thread loops break about ten times as often as Penguin thread loops.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I had the same problem with the Silk Worm thread....(and my first Infinity loop)..

the reason was I made it way too small.....try making your loop a bit bigger.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 17:53, RabbitInDaHat wrote:
I had the same problem with the Silk Worm thread....(and my first Infinity loop)..

the reason was I made it way too small.....try making your loop a bit bigger.

All right all try that out. I totaly agree that the Infinity thread is usable for many circumstances. But Im just curious, is the silkworm thread stronger than Infinity? I heard from some people that it was extremely strong!
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Um...I have a bit of the Infinity, and a spool of the clear Silk Worm....I haven't had a chance to properly compare the two....but from my first impressions of the Infinity, it is at least as strong as Silk Worm (they both passed my "flying pen" trick)....

Hopefully later this week I'll have more time to properly compare the two....

Look for a new comparison ... um .... "thread" started at the Café within the next couple of days
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 14:57, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Hey Ron! Thanks! That works great!

And this thread is so great that you may even be able to get away with using the UNSTRIPPED thread on stage if your going to set it up from wall to wall. (Horizontally)

I know it's not needed, but maybe for some people who are looking for more strength to levitate something heavier.

-Vinnie

Yeah This thread works great for the House levitation.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just thought I'd share something I'm playing around with. This is going to seem silly. In a way it is but this is how I often develop tricks. I just play around with the props.

I rigged a long length of the Infinity Thread all the way across my back yard. I tied one end to a stick and tossed it into the branches of a tree (about 20 feet up or so). I rigged the other end to my house about 6 feet high. I now have a length of the Infinity Thread running across my back yard about 30 yards long.

Here's the neat thing. I'd hang objects on it with a little hook I made out of a paper clip. Then I'd toss the object across my yard. It'll fly away about 20 feet or so then it would stop. Because the thread is elastic it makes a very magically looking bounce when it stops. Very slow as if it's hovering. Then it would slowly float back to me. When I say slowly I mean it takes about 30 seconds to reach me again. It looks really magical. This happens because the thread is at an angle.

I'm having fun with it. I haven't worked out a routine but I can feel something is coming about with it. The amount of thread on the spool is going to allow me to do a lot of experimenting. I'm thinking about doing something like tossing an object away that I don't need then go on with my act. A few seconds later it floats back to me.

Just thought I'd share that. If you're in the mood to just play around give it a try. It's pretty neat. Let me know if you need any help with it.

Ron Jaxon

RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Ok...I know you're claiming there's 3 main smaller strands in the Infinity, but I have consistently broken it down to 4 strands. I even looked at the unstripped thread under a microscope, and I see 4 strands. The 4 strands don't appear to be composed of other strands, so the most you can get is 4.

I would love to know HOW you see 3 strands using only your eyes...to me, I can barely make out that the tip is starting to strip. I usually just start pinching and pulling to see if it starts stripping.

You must have insanely strong eyes.

--EDIT--

HOLY CRAP...I just made a loop with one of the 4 strands, and I could have SWORN it was way too thin and weak to do the H****** D***...but nope...it pulled that card out like a freaking champ. This thread is unbelievable.
erodoeht
View Profile
New user
Adelaide, South Australia
45 Posts

Profile of erodoeht
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 14:22, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
Hi Vinnie,
Check your email, I sent you some instructions that may help.

Rudy

Hi Rudy,
please check your PM
Thanks.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 19:44, RabbitInDaHat wrote:
Ok...I know you're claiming there's 3 main smaller strands in the Infinity, but I have consistently broken it down to 4 strands. I even looked at the unstripped thread under a microscope, and I see 4 strands. The 4 strands don't appear to be composed of other strands, so the most you can get is 4.

I would love to know HOW you see 3 strands using only your eyes...to me, I can barely make out that the tip is starting to strip. I usually just start pinching and pulling to see if it starts stripping.

You must have insanely strong eyes.

--EDIT--

HOLY CRAP...I just made a loop with one of the 4 strands, and I could have SWORN it was way too thin and weak to do the H****** D***...but nope...it pulled that card out like a freaking champ. This thread is unbelievable.

It must be 4 strands then. When I looked one of the 4 looked thinner then the other 3. But at that small size it's hard to tell.

Yea it is strong stuff. I hooked some up running across a room. I'd test it by rigging an object on it. There wasn't enough tension so the object went to the floor. So I made it shorter by about 5 feet. Still not enough tension. I had to keep doing this because the thread stretches so much. It just keeps stretching. Smile

Ron Jaxon

jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Haha that's very clever. I will have to try that out.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Ok...I'm having a bit of a problem with this thread.

I made 2 loops, and put them on at home....later on in the day (after being in some heat, but not CRAZY strong heat)...I tried to use them to do the haunted deck, and they both snapped REALLY easily....

Are they affected by the heat that easily???
Maybe it's the oils from my skin? I don't understand why they would snap so easily. A newly made loop is really strong.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
No other comments from anyone? No one else have this same problem?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4133 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I think it may be a insecure knot or the knot might actually be cutting into the thread and thus snapping it at the knot. I've been using square knots instead of the Million Dollar Knot. I don't get the slippage at the knot anymore but if you don't tie the knot correctly it does tend to cut through the thread and cause breakage. I'm planning on getting a spool of the Infinity soon or does anybody care to sell a few twenty or so feet of this stuff? Thanks.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Actually, it's neither of those. It doesn't snap at the knot.

I find it's really hard to feel when the Infinity is about to snap...there's no real tension point....well, ok, there is...but so many times it snaps right when reaching that point.

Anyone else having similar problems?

This thread was great when I first got it....now it's performance is a bit lacking. I find it only works well when I make the loop larger than normal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL