The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Glorpy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
How is your experience with the "Glorpy" Gimmick? I have it but had never done it in public cause I don´t really know if the reaction it gets is good enough. What do you think about it? The one I have is from Royal Magic.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Antonio2030,

I have sent you a PM with the email address of the Glorpy expert "The Great XAVIER".

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Like a Zombie in miniature, you either perform it well enough to make it convincing, or you give it away with poor handling.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
Bob, thank you very much. I got it and I'm gonna ask him about those vintage Glorpys. I'm thinking maybe this could be a good effect to combine with "creature" or "parasite" which had been discussed with good acceptance, in the Spooky and Bizarre forum: Like producing a little creature from the silk and then taking it out and showing it.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
J.C Wagner has a great bit.
Howard
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I've used it as part of another routine and it went over very well. Never used it stand alone, but judging from the reaction I get when using it in the other routine, I'd say it plays very well.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Goshman made a weird sponge glorpy to produce at the end .I use it for all my shows.
Howard
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I love Glorpy/Hyrum. In my late teens that was my favorite trick. One of the routines I try to do is try to catch him. Hands in curved position. Both palms facing each other. The ends of your hands, opposite of the thumbs go on the silk. When Glorpy is a few inches try to catch him bringing your hands off the silk. Each time you should miss him.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There was a time when I did this at banquets. Rather than Glorpy, it was a shy rabbit trying to appear. The cloth moved but he was just too fast. However, the only proof I ever produced that he was really ever there were a few black olive pits that most viewers were willing to accept as "rabbit tracks" found under the silk. LOL

(For some reason, the olive pits never came with the trick! An oversight, I'm sure. But I help where I can!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I forget who it was who had a glorpy performance video on the internet a couple of years ago. It was impressive because the fellow activated the "creature" by using a variety of contact points rather than just a single point. Thus, while glorpy rose and fell, the magician's hands were able to flow over the silk and remain in constant motion. It was beautiful and deceptive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Glorpy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL