The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Allen Ackerman Lecture in Seattle Washington. 6-2-07. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
http://www.nwringoffire.com/ for details. I think I'm going to be there. Even so you might be able to avoid me and have a good time.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5393 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hey Josh!
Look forward to meeting you there. I've been excited about this one since it was announced last November. 2 days, and counting... !!! Smile
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I look like the guy in my avatar, only larger.

Look forward to meeting you too, I assume you look like your avatar as well?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Gosh I'd love to see you there as well since you have the misfortune of living in my old hometown. But since this appears to be a lecture focusing mainly on Card Tricks I'm going to give it a pass as they really don't interest me all that much.

It's going to be a rare sunny day in Seattle anyway and I've got too many chores around the house that need to be done.

Have a good time at the lecture and enjoy your foray into the civilized side of the state.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5393 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Wait a minute, Payne... didn't you just win Kramien's close-up contest with a card trick???!!!

:)
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm not into card magic too much, but he is doing some coin stuff, I can't remember what else.

Too bad we won't be able to meet there Payne. Maybe next time.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
475 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
I might even make this one....not sure yet.....Maybe...hmmm !
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-06-01 10:46, Magiguy wrote:
Wait a minute, Payne... didn't you just win Kramien's close-up contest with a card trick???!!!

:)

Which makes it oh more so ironic. I've taken three first place trophies for close up at Kramien's and taken the Gold Medal at the only Close Up Pro Challenge the PCAM has ever held and I don't do Close Up Magic.

Odd thing that.

Anyway it wasn't so much a card trick as it was a microphone gag.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I guess four guys from around my area will be going as well, so we're going together. I guess I don't need any of you after all Smile Well it sounds fun, 25 bucks isn't too bad, get to spend some time, maybe money at the magic shop. Of course that means I'll lose a day of drinking.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
475 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Josh, Shawns restaurant has lots of beer...trust me. LOL B
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Sweet! Now I really don't need anyone!

I'm going to bring a deck of cards get drunk and insist everyone watch my version of the 21 card trick many times. It's like the other versions, but when I'm drunk I count slower and mess up a lot.

I understand there will be mentalism effects as well, hopefully not card mentalism effects.... but, I have been considering a jaunt through the cerebral forest that is mentalism.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
475 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Remember Josh, with beer goggles on every trick looks good....! Well most tricks. B
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well then! You have to go, hell since your a magician and your probably broke, I'd happily pay your way. But I am a magician too......
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
475 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Ok Josh I will go if you buy me a guiness. B
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Done! if by "Guiness" you mean "Water", I'm Joking I'll certainly buy you a Busch Light... Draft. Make sure you have that yellow ball or I won't know who you are!

If Magicguy and Payne show up, and I am inebriated, I will show you all the techniques that made me the man I am.

Also I will watch whatever it is you do..... I would like to learn magic too. Can you do it surrounded?
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
475 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Josh, yes I can drink guiness surrounded. B
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5393 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
LOL!!!
Me too.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
475 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Remember folks...magic gets better the more you drink...LOL sometimes it really helps the magic; B
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Allen Ackerman Lecture in Seattle Washington. 6-2-07. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL