The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo - what am I missing? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I think it's important for Starpower to have his say and for everyone to hear it. There is always something to learn from everyone. Even if you belief that you will keep doing something the same way because you believe it works very well for almost all the people, you can still learn from the few people who it doesn't work for.
As an example, I have had to often adjust me performances in various places according to the audience so as not to offend anyone. Even if 99.9 percent of the people LOVED a joke and it's a killer joke and it works perfectly in the spot in my act where it is, and even if it kills me to take it out just for one person who may be offended, I have learned that I have to take it out. And learn to replace it with another joke. Because in some places that you work, even though 99.9 percent of the punters love the joke, I cannot upset even one person. That one person will (and has) taken the trouble to report to management that they were offended, and I have then gotten a call from management. They say they love the line but I can't use it anymore if I want to keep working there.
So I guess Gazzo doesn't work for some people.

The other point is that unless you have tried to busk, you really can't understand how amazing what Gaz is doing is. You can't even see what he's doing unless you try it yourself. Even after you've done it for a while, you are still scratching your head. It's mysterious. Not just Gazzo, but all the people who are good at it. But especially Gazzo.

It's like Eskomos and snow. Eskomos supposedly have 20 words for the different conditions of snow, and, because they have words for all those subtlties of snow, they can perceive all those different types of snow.

If snow is important to you, if snow is how you make your living, then you will understand that Gazzo is one great snowman.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2007-06-06 04:26, vernon wrote:
For me Starrpower all I could say re Gazzo is that he cracks me up.... he can pull off HUGE crowds continuously 4 5 times a day...stamina as well as an inate sense of crowd control, comedy a bit of magic..

Thank you. That's what I was interested in knowing.

Apparently I was missing something ... and it's nice to have someone give their opinion without getting rude.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
You mean you missed all the other more obvious stuff at the beginning of this thread Starrpower?

????
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Wow...crtique someone's hero and you'll get a number carved into your chest. I applaud Starrpower for making his inquiry. Wanted to know something, probably knowing the kind of idiotic responses he would get from a few, but took the dive.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 00:21, johnnymystic wrote:
You mean you missed all the other more obvious stuff at the beginning of this thread Starrpower?

????

Do you mean all the wisecracks and condescending remarks? No, I saw them all ...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 00:47, Starrpower wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 00:21, johnnymystic wrote:

????

Do you mean all the wisecracks and condescending remarks? No, I saw them all ...

LOL!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well, you don't get Gazoo and I don't get you Starrpower. I like you though.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 01:14, MagicSanta wrote:
Well, you don't get Gazoo and I don't get you Starrpower. I like you though.

Gazoo...The Great Gazoo...wasn't he on "The Flintstones"?

(sorry, that was bad)
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Starrpower is being ignorant on purpose...typical Magic Café behaviour.

He gets it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

Typical.
<BR>I never inhale Smile
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
I've been suspicious of that.

I remember when I first went to el paso tx and I was booking back yard shows and everyone told me don't be offensive none of the other performers are and I watched them perform and was really dissapointed [except for jaime ohara he was amazing] I went and did the gigs a whole bunch of em and was and I kept it p.c. and I became just as bad as the others. so I got it into my head to not listen to uptight people and I went in and did it my way and lo and behold I started getting booked cuz people liked me.

you see they wanted to escape the confinement of hypersensitive people in their enterainment...they needed a break from it.

SHOW BUSINESS is SHOW AND BUSINESS, this is a business.

and starr power if you thought the other obvious stuff was wise cracks and insults your missing it again. you started this post and people have said brilliant things about our art and business and I'll thank you for that cuz I've learned alot, but if you can't see all the wonderful input and think its a difference of opinion[?] I'm sorry, really, really sorry we havn't bein able to speak your language.

we are street performers maybe we're not gentile enough for you
or too blunt and honest.

I'm sorry for those rude comments{some of which were mine],please don't be afraid to post.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Vernon - James James - I'll be flying to the UK and near Covent Garden 6-10 July. What magic might I see and where? Thanks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
One of the biggest reasons I street perform is so I can do what I want in my show.

if a place wont let me, I go some where else.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
That's how I feel when I got to a public pitch. I can do and say whatever I want and let the free market decide what it likes. I don't have to edit myself. I can use the jokes that make me and others laugh and if someone gets offended, keep walking the rest of us are having too good a time for you to spoil it. They're not gonna tip me if they didn't like it.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Quote:
I'll be flying to the UK and near Covent Garden 6-10 July.

No, no. Don't fly anywhere near Covent Garden, its not allowed. Go to the Heathrow area - they've got landing strips and allsorts there.

Just being helpful.

G.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 02:14, johnnymystic wrote:
Starrpower is being ignorant on purpose...typical Magic Café behavior.

He gets it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

Thank you so much for telling people what I am thinking.

Perhaps you should be posting in the psychic area.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I knew you were going to type that.
<BR>I never inhale Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
He really did. He mailed me a letter last month that was marked not to open until today and in it was a folded piece of paper that said "Starrpower will thank me for telling people what he is thinking and suggest I should have posted in the psychic area"....amazing.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
And yet, here he stays ... obviously not a man who knows how to keep an audience happy.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
And the childishness goes on....
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Hey man let's not make this personal! Other than my whole family everybody loves Johnny Mystic...*sigh*...my audience is my best friend.

:)

I really will not admit to how many shows I do nor how much I charge or where they will be due to the fact I've stolen all of MagicSanta's material and he doesn't know it because he does not posses the extreme cosmic powers of the exhalted Johnny Mystic who's name sucks harder than a Hoover!

:)
<BR>I never inhale Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo - what am I missing? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL