The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Max Maven 1988 at FISM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Poor quality video but Great magic!

Thanks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Made me think of a new effect. Have four people come onstage, mix envelopes and when you open each envelope you take out a PHOTO OF EACH PERSON.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
That's a good example of how the mind and technology developed over the years! (Yes, pun intended, heynowww) Smile
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Max is so good! Pete, the photo idea is very cool.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2007-06-01 13:14, Pete Biro wrote:
Made me think of a new effect. Have four people come onstage, mix envelopes and when you open each envelope you take out a PHOTO OF EACH PERSON.

It's been done already
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6164 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:

That's a brilliant twist, Pete. I hate you!!! Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Quote:
On 2007-06-01 19:56, inidyls wrote:
Quote:

It's been done already

By...?
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Let's start with myself, but I do give credit to Gregory wilson for the photo idea. I also give credit to Richard Osterlind for the handing out of the envelopes technique he made my presentation twice as strong.
Also there is a guy of the name Wayne Hoffman (you can google him I forget his web address)he also does a beautiful routine and I think but not positive Harry Anderson did this with Cartoon figures that looked liked self portraits.
I also think Paul Hallas can give you the originator of the routine , let me PM him.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4391 Posts

Profile of Paul
I've seen it done with photos of people too, but don't recall who. Nice twist by Max for FISM, wonderful presentation.

As for crediting an originator to this 'type' of effect you probably need look no further than Annemann's Practical Mental Magic. I don't have my copy available right now but 'Remote Control' is a title that springs to mind (but that doesn't mean it IS the right title Smile )

Saved you a p.m. I read your mind Smile
Paul.
jcaa
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jcaa
Hi. Does anybody know if there is a published version of this trick? Who is the originator? I look in Annemans's Practical Mental Magic and couldn't find a reference to the effect. Thanks!
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of philraso
Did you ever find out more on this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Max Maven 1988 at FISM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL