The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Scarves or Rope Through Body (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
Hello All,

I am trying to find a good resource that teaches this effect. It could be a book, DVD, or whatever. I am looking to incorporate it into future shows.

I am looking for a comedy version where the rope or scarf passes through and a pair of boxer shorts, and the boxers come out with it.

Thanks
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
There was a commercial product called "Houdini Outstripped" but it was less of a penetration and more of a joke. Professor Cheer's Comedy Rope routine was funnier, more magical AND had a pair of flashy boxer shorts at the end, but it was not a penetration effect.

If you have the Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic, Volume 2, you'll find a whole chapter on silk (plus ribbon and rope) penetrations, and adding a pair of boxer shorts to the finale should not be a big problem.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
On Pavel's lecture tour this month he taught several methods for rope thru ... presentations. He currently uses m*****s. Write him for the lecture notes and gimmicked ropes (which he makes and sells) and you can use about any surprise object you can lift! His current load is a necktie.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- It should work equally well with silks.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
Bob,

I have a couple of Pavel's videos. I will have to check and see if I have one with the version that you were talking about.

Thanks for the tip.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Allan,

I think you'll need his lecture notes (100% Magic / 100% Pavel). Try pages 4-5.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
wardini
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of wardini
Personally, I like Daryl's Complete Course in Rope Magic DVDs. It doesn't really have routines but there's a lot of material as a source for information.
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
I do not have those lecture notes. The irony of it is that Pavel was at my magic club lecturing just last week.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Pavel's version is very funny, especially the full length version.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Scarves or Rope Through Body (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL