The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Oberon's 'Out of Orbit' Review... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
<An astonishing effect that can be perfomed with a normal deck of cards!

An envelope is shown and a spectator names ANY number between 1 and 52. A normal deck of cards is dealt in a pile by the spectator and the card at their number is removed. A prediction is taken from the envelope by the spectator and it contains the exact name of the selected card.>

...If you are looking for the 'Holy Grail' of (A)CAAN's - then this isn't it. It's based on 'Orbital' by Trevor Lewis (credited), and if you can find it, you're better off with the original.

The supplied instructions aren't particularly well written, as I feel there are significant omissions regarding the supplied envelope, which is well constructed - in fact, so well constructed you may have difficulty making a replacement (unless you're a dab-hand in DWE's)

GS
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You can get a bunch of these envelopes from Sam Dalal's trick "Solomon's seven seals" He calls them "Sam's switcher". I think they are the same envelopes, I couldn't believe it.

I was a bit put off by this as well. "37" is really good though.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 10:34, Xiqual wrote:
...You can get a bunch of these envelopes from Sam Dalal's trick "Solomon's seven seals"...

Yeah, I've got that lurking around somewhere or other - the 'Solomon' envelopes are much larger than Oberon's though... you could probably hide a fully cased deck in there as well as the intended prediction slip...

GS
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
This trick is very fiddly. I prefer his 37, much more direct, much more practical. Also my envelope ripped pretty easily.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 15:36, GhostSurfer wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 10:34, Xiqual wrote:
...You can get a bunch of these envelopes from Sam Dalal's trick "Solomon's seven seals"...

Yeah, I've got that lurking around somewhere or other - the 'Solomon' envelopes are much larger than Oberon's though... you could probably hide a fully cased deck in there as well as the intended prediction slip...

GS

When I recieved my "Solomon" it had three different sizes. The exact same size that Oberon uses for Out of orbit and 37.

37 really is great though. I like Bang on too.
James
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
...If '37' is so good, why no reviews here then???

GS
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2007-06-03 09:24, GhostSurfer wrote:

GS

People keeping it for themselves?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-06-03 09:24, GhostSurfer wrote:

GS

What is with this attitude?
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
How's " Master Deck by Marc Oberon " ?

Or is that the same thing as Out of Orbit?
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
826 Posts

Profile of e-man
"MASTER DECK" is very good.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 21:53, e-man wrote:
"MASTER DECK" is very good.

I think so too Eric. I didn't like it when I opened it. After I played with it for a few days, the reactions were great. I never let people touch my stuff anyway so examination is no problem for me.
James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Oberon's 'Out of Orbit' Review... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL