The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Marlo? What DVD Is Best? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

theAmazinbryan
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of theAmazinbryan
Cardician, Primetime Marlo, or legend?
Looking for him doing the moves rather than someone else. And I'm also looking for his outlook and philosophy on cards!
Thanks.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I would say get The Legend. Primetime Marlo is just a video of him performing the moves, not explaining them.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
For me (and choosing strictly from the three mentioned) I consider Legend and The Cardician part of the same set (actually, they are in fact volumes 1 & 2 of the same series) and would recommend them with equal enthusiasm. I would be sorry to be without either one of them.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I would actually recommend "It's all in the Cards" produced by David Solomon This is a Two DVD set. one Disc is Biographical with Rare Performance footage and the like. Disc 2 is filled with students of Ed Marlo such as Bill Malone, Jim Molinari etc. Performing and explaining some of their favorite Marlo effects/creations. I believe it is a must have for any Marlophile. It contains a wealth of valuable information.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Other than the three discs originally mentioned, I would agree with Justin. As tribute volumes go, this is a true classic.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have the Cardician and Legend, and like both....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Personally, I found the cardician and Legend to be amongst the most boring magic videos I've seen. The material on them might be appealing, but the structure and presentation of it all had me almost falling asleep. Luckily I had only borrowed these from a friend, and had I purchased them, I would have been a little disappointed.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
theAmazinbryan
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of theAmazinbryan
I was looking for some more info on these dvd 's an your replys have helped!!
I think every magic dvd I have puts me to sleep Nick23!
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I have both the Cardician and Legend, and I find the Cardician to have more moves that I can incorporate into my magic. But that's simply a personal style thing. I'm sure that others find the Legend to have more workable stuff for them.

Bill
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Prime Time is excellent and also the 2 DVD set put out by David Solomon called "It's all in the Cards" is very good. Both of these have a much younger Ed perfprming some great stuff. Prime Time Marlo has Jon Racherbaumer narrating the moves and it is unique in that he allows Ed to do the moves then each sequence is repeated so you se it again. David's is from the TSD convention held in Chicago which was a reunion of a lot of Ed students. It has actual footage of Ed and then footage of each of the students doing something of theirs that was inspired by Ed.

Other than that, I like the video/dvd called "Seconds, Centers, Bottoms". It shows Ed doing a lot of different deals. Not realy a teaching video but still great.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
I have the Cardician. I'm not overly worried about using any of it, I just enjoy being able to see Marlo as close to in the flesh as possible. I'd probably have been happy with a performance only video.

I did like the outtakes of the snap change, it was comforting to know that even Marlo didn't hit every time, despite the amount of practice he did. Granted he only seemed to miss when he was doing something that involved objects other than cards.

I watched only the performances at first and I have to say that even in Marlo's hands some of what I saw looked fishy. A lot of it looked amazing but there were moments that I didn't think were convincing.

Well worth seeing though.

-Rd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Marlo? What DVD Is Best? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL