We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Phobia Forcing Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Hello, all.

I have created a phobia forcing deck and I'm checking around to see if there is anything else like it. I know there are several phobia effects on the market, but as far as I can tell mine is different. This is a set of 48 flash cards and the emphasis is on humor. These are not your garden variety phobias. The flash cards are tarot size and have no markings on them except the phobia and its definition. They don't look "magical" in any way. Using the R***** and S****** principle a particular phobia can be forced. Most people have seen Monk and I think there's a lot of potential here for some funny and slightly frightening audience participation. Anybody know of anything else like this?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Sounds great! Did you make two of them????????
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sounds good to me Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
I've been thinking about making up a few more sets. Since they would be made to order, it would be possible to pick the phobia that a person wanted to force. Creating them is pretty time intensive. But, if I did several at once it wouldn't be too bad. Anyway, as I say, I'm thinking about it and it depends on the interest.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
This does sound very similar in working to an effect that WAS on the market about six years ago. Unfortunately, I never owned it and, thus, do not remember the name of it.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
If you think of it, let me know. Thanks.

Coleman Luck
Royce K.
View Profile
New user
London
89 Posts

Profile of Royce K.
Peter Arcane uses a Phobia deck as his Tossed-Out Deck. It too uses humorous phobias and some other very clever bits of business.

It was in one of his sets of lecture notes and may have appereared in the legendary 'Centre Tear' magazine as well. I'll check later and post the exact references.

Thanks,

Royce K.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Thanks very much. I'm not familiar with his work.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The idea sounds like it would allow the performer a lot of fun and leeway in the revelation...which is where it's all at.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
I'm trying it out and it seems to work very well. Built into it are humor, mystery, curiosity and a bit of a thrill. Phobias capture the weirdness of humanity. I'm going to build a deck that will be both oneway and s****able. Anyway, it's fun to play with.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How did this deck come out? Most of my R/S forcing decks can also be used as a 50/50 type too.It sounds great. Did you work on some presentations or routines with the MONK angle?
I'd like to hear one.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I have something very similar but mine is based on a modified M***ge deck.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The M***ge is my favorite...Tell no one!
ChuckHickok
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of ChuckHickok
Much of my Mentalism relies on using ordinary looking objects to force selections on others. You may have a product that mentalist can use.

What does the "back" of your deck look like? I recommend a solid colored back rather than a graphic design ...that makes the deck look like large playing cards.

I have sold a forcing deck that uses postcards. Very reliable ... and uses something other than R/S. Visit: http://www.chuckhickok.com/tools.html

Chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Phobia Forcing Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL