The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Blindfolded by a Hanky - what tricks to do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MDew
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
125 Posts

Profile of MDew
What are some really close-up tricks where the impact is heightened by the use of a blindfold?

What instantly comes to my mind are sucker-type tricks, e.g. The Coue Test, found in Card College.

But what other tricks would lend itself to the use of a blindfold? In particular, I am looking for card magic, because I feel that one could do an entire routine with a deck of cards and a hanky. Tricks like Card through Hanky, and "Through and Through", also in the Card College series, come to mind.

Opinions and suggestions please!
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Blindfolds work very well in the area of mentalism - although, I usually prefer to bypass them in favour of being able to give the look of "concentration."

It's a less common thing to use with cards. There's always the Omni Deck though - it uses cards and a blindfold or hanky where "make the magic happen" under the cloth in the spectator's hands.

Do you perform mentalism?
MDew
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
125 Posts

Profile of MDew
I've been experimenting with a little mentalism, but I haven't really done it with objects other than cards.

The thing I'm trying to get at here is whether I could built a repitoire with just a deck of cards and a hanky. I think the hanky adds a touch of elegance, and a great focal point. I've already mentioned Through and Through and Card through Hanky...I am wanting to expand upon the use of the hanky in the context of card tricks. That's where being being blindfolded comes in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Blindfolded by a Hanky - what tricks to do? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL