The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with a forcing deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
I'm looking for a particular type of forcing deck, one end of the card has the same index/pip through out the deck and the other end of the card has a normal/random index. When fannned the deck appears normal when fanned the other way the cards are all the same (hope that makes sense). Anyone know the name of this deck and or know where it is sold.
Thanks for any help
Tim
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I just made something similar to that: 52 different cards on one end, 3 different forcing cards on the other end.
This deck was handmade to my cutomers needs - and I am not sure if I want to make that again!

Sorry that I can't help you with a direct link or information on your deck.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
This is the MONTE CRISTO deck.

Available from http://www.cardsbymartin.com

Enoy the search.

Regards,

Paul Green

PS Bernd's work is excellent!!!!!
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Thank you Mr. Green, The Monte Cristo deck is exactly what I was looking for.
Tim
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
The Monte Cristo Deck is the deck with all 52 false indices.
What I have made by hand was a 1/3 by 2/3 split deck.

Tim, you should hurry up to order your deck from Neil, I'll guess he does not have many of them. This is a well-sought and well-sold item, rare these days since printing it is expensive.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Cardmaker, thanks for the advice, will try to order on monday. This sounds like
quite a task to make this deck by hand, you have a lot of patience.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Friends,

mine will be available .... THIS month!
Definite announcement ;-)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I think the problem with The Monte Cristo Deck is that the force card can't be handed out, you just pull it out a little and turn the deck over.

How about the 50 50 deck at least the selected card can be pulled out all the way and looked at.
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
220 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
You might also be interested in a "Mirage Deck". This is simply a Svengali deck that besides the the long and short cards utilizes the rough and smooth principle to allow one to also spread or fan the deck showing all indifferent cards.

Obviously this makes some the the more standard Svengali effects impractical, but it does allow the spectator to handle the force card freely and at the same time alow the magician to handle the force deck more like an normal deck.

You can buy a Bicycle brand Mirage deck on-line for less than $7 plus shipping at several sites.

Cheers
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I will gather most would not have this to do you picked it, I find it trick so why not have a duplicate of the force card on top, after the so seemingly fair selection force, show it, place on top of deck and NOW you are ina good position to hand out a card with 2 simple moves, right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with a forcing deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL