The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Capricornian Tales (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
SLIM KING had tons of those cleo decks about 2yrs back--he made lots of wonderful gaf**d decks with them....one way, roug*/smoo**, etc...

they werent bad looking at all, I thought......whose the wiser anyhow? a layman,? NOT lol... Smile
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 20:15, Gede Nibo wrote:
SLIM KING had tons of those cleo decks about 2yrs back--he made lots of wonderful gaf**d decks with them....one way, roug*/smoo**, etc...

they werent bad looking at all, I thought......whose the wiser anyhow? a layman,? NOT lol... Smile

How about a routine where those who were duped by Miss Cleo seek revenge, in the end the picture of her on the box goes up in flames, and the box that once contained the cards now contains coins--- some covered in blood which are poured out of the box in an act of symbolic re-distrubution to their original owners?
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LMBAO!! HAHAHAHA..THEN A SPIRIT comes from the flames talking ina fake jamaican accent...hahahaha...

ok. ehem.

cap tales changed my life, my view, my handle, my love, my hope, my inspiriation for bizarre, nay, real magick in general.....
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Or- an old black and white T.V. set is purchaced from a Jamaican T.V. repair man- (just next door to his repair shop sits an Occult book store- rumor has it that that both stores connect somewhere in the back) Is he a repair man by day and a Vodoun priest by night?

Anyway, this set just dosent seem to work just right- no matter what chanel your friends turn it to, the program seems interupted by broadcasts of Miss Cleo's awful infomercial.

She's stuck in T.V pergatory. Will anyone help to free her?

The Miss Cleo deck is introduced "as seen on T.V" and some cards are selected and returned to the pack. The pair of wire rabbit ears is removed from the top of the set and strangely the deck begins to separate at the chosen cards. As each card is revealed Miss Cleo's image slowly begins to fade from the screen. When all the cards have been revealed, the T.V. programs come through clearly, and uninterupted by the "ghostly" image of Miss Cleo.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Cinemagician Smile
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Bwoy mi ah tell yuh, dem don' call yuh "Cinema" fi nuttin mon....
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Fe wha a go on man...( kissing teeth ) me nah no ya a speak patwa man, ta raas... me a jus got me capa tales outa gen and me caaan't believe me a put it away man... dyam fool...ya play bones Gede ??? need I ask maan...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 22:27, Gede Nibo wrote:
Bwoy mi ah tell yuh, dem don' call yuh "Cinema" fi nuttin mon....

Thank you houngan- your book is next on my list. Important to read it is, after all the revolution will not be televised. Smile

William Butler Yeats
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 17:11, cinemagician wrote:
Mmmmm pancakes! Now that this thread has been sucessfully de-railed- could anyone please tell me the name/creator of the beautiful Tarot Cards which are displayed in the book?

Thanks.

13 decks were made, a few were sold the rest was given.
The routine was written on an illustrate scroll, an hommage to Masklyn Ye Mage.
When T.A.Waters died, his set was sold to 2 different buyers: one got the cards, the other the scroll.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Thanks for the information. I'm really enjoying your book, it's been an aid to my imagination and is also freeing me from some of the conventions of normal close up magic. Thanks

William Butler Yeats
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
Gede,

I like Dali's comment, 'The only difference between me and the insane is that I'm not insane'.

Ian
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Insane or just misunderstood?

but for the book, I have just purchased it and and finding it hard to put down.
oh by the way, that ivory skull you have in the photos, where can I get one!
perhaps you should sell some of the props on your new site.

I started out as a standard hustler magician doing stroll but since I have moved to the new state I have been introducing some of the darker arts to my table magic and it is so well received I have decided to build on this character and expand it to the point that there is no room for standard routines aka ace assemblies ect...

thanks for writing this book curator it is inspiring.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Welcome to the Darkside...Smile
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
293 Posts

Profile of askernas
Guess this book has to be on my "must buy really soon" list then as well ... Smile
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
From what I read about Capricornian Tales, I figured it was a good introduction to the Bizarre. It clearly is. Not only for the effects and methods, which range from easy to difficult, but because it's so inspirational. Inspiriation is critical since Bizarre Magick is so much more personal than 'regular' magic. For me, that's meant putting down my bikes and picking up a pack of Tarot cards . . .
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Bikes can be used in bizarre routines too. Read "Paradise Lost" in the Devil topic...
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Lucia Von Franz would like to point out that the cherub bicycling is also Sheela-na-Gig.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
No, no! I think Tarot cards are cool. I'm happy to give the bikes a rest. It gives me a chance to re-learn how to read the cards.

I've also read Minch's Thoth book, so I know that regular card 'tricks' can be applied to tarot, but I'm enjoying learning the uniqueness of the tarot!
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
Quote:
On 2007-06-10 13:33, Margarette wrote:

My interpretation of this book (so far) is that is meant to be taken in like a fine wine - enjoyed and savored one sip at a time...not to be taken like a shot of tequila - all at once so you don't feel the burn.

You have no idea...
I'm not only savouring the routines, though. As a teacher in "travel and art history" the Curator's short notes about "bizarre" in Belgium inspired me to set my students some bloody difficult tasks about their own country (yes, I live in Chelman-land).
This book is one of the most inspiring I've ever read.
And just like you, Margarette, I won't perform anything as written in this book. But it sure inspires me...
(one reason is that this country is too small for two curators. And mr. Chelman is (rightfully) the better known one...and there's the fact that he's a heavy black belt judoka with a bazooka)
Ed Mauve
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ed Mauve
I liked this book very very much, the cover design also. I thought sometime before I made my purchase but never did I regret a moment after that. The material inside is not limited by the size at all.

Very enjoyable readings, Wonderful routines and ideas. Baba's book inspired and bought me into bizarre!, Capricornian Tales blinds me in forever.
No one should have 2nd thought buying this, grab it if you can find it on the shelf, if not order it!
Abiloko
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
55 Posts

Profile of Abiloko
Capricornian tales is one of the best books of magic from all the times¡¡¡
I like the beautiful stories and powerful routines with a very intelligent management of the props.
I will not find ever the Grimaud cards but I can perform now 'Zodiac' with Bicycle vintage cards and looks very strange too¡¡ And I hope that someday the Curator will reprint the original cards from "Pact", why not??

Best regards.
Best is yet to come ¡¡¡
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Capricornian Tales (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL