The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Impromptu Bizarre? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Other than blistered what other Bizarre imprompt stuff do you do??
Most magically yours,
WR Smile Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Cold reading, weather control, various bends, PK touches. Have a look at '7 Deceptions' for some great ideas. In fact, many bizarre routines are best performed 'impromptu'. Use the old 'It's funny you should mention that because I know an experiment we could try...' gambit.

I've recorded MY favourite routine here in the 'Al fresco bizarre' thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......14&4

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Cloud Busting, Pulse Stopping, and all number of mentalism stunts lend themselves to the impromptu.
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
cmwalden
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Park, TX
150 Posts

Profile of cmwalden
Cloud busting? Is that where you concentrate on a cloud and try to dissolve it?
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our reality."

- William Shakespeare
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
That's it. Now get out there draw a crowd and bust a cloud. :0)
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
I love to do a bit of cold reading maybe combined with a bit of centre tear fun if it's right. Pulse stopping effects are good, and I do like to carry a set of Zenner (ESP) Cards with me 'just in case'.

And, although it's not strictly Bizarre, if I'm pushed then there's always a balducci levitation. Smile
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
This is not strictly impromptu, though it can seem so. It's a bit like being ready to do the 'button trick' at any time. But in a similar vein to cloudbusting, it is possible to smooth out the waves on a small pond on a windy day. The gimmick is something that many bizarrists would be carrying anyway. You could call it 'Troubled waters'.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Are you speaking of Penn and Tellers Button trick??
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
No. I mean, I think, Malini, ever ready to do his thing. Please someone correct me if my magic history is wrong. It's important, I think, we get these things right.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.

I came across this story today, which is, in of itself, some sort of 'impromptu' magic.

Edward Lear was in Turkey, a guest in a postmaster's fine house. While taking a parting cup of coffee, he accidentally knocked over a handsome, valuable pipe bowl. Crash. But nobody moved. Lear apologised, to be told by his Muslim host, 'The breaking of such a pipe-bowl would, indeed, under ordinary circumstances, be disagreeable; but in a friend every action has its charm.'

Isn't that just wonderful? Magical by itself. But...

One could have a 'priceless' pot or glass broken accidentally by a guest at a party. They are mortified, but brushing the pieces into an ornate cloth, you say, 'The breaking of such a glass would, indeed, under ordinary circumstances, be disagreeable; but in a friend every action has its charm.' And as you say the word charm, you slowly remove the cloth, to reveal that the object is now restored.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Impromptu Bizarre? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL