The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Flying Without Edits » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
No sane person would believe that anyone could levitate with that much heavy jewelry on. Smile
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
I'm still waiting for them to sell a Costa-style white wifebeater emblazoned with 'Mindfreak'.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1373 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Slim King, as for camera shots in front of Cris, there are long lenses for cameras that aloow them to zoom in close and such. One needn't actually be directly in front of the subject to acquire such a shot.

What really takes the cake with this is the reaction it receives. Am I to believe that these are real, unsolicited spectators who just saw a man fly from 15 (or however many) stories up and their only reaction is to clap their hands and high-five him after this event?
Jesus, these people should be offering to follow him to the ends of the earth, right?
Seems a rather lackluster response to what would be a bonafide miracle to someone who really saw what we saw at home (and was not a hired hand).
I'm picturing Christ raising Lazarus from the dead and the crowd of people clapping as he emerges from the grave.
Silly. Just silly.
It's all in the reflexes.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
If he is levitating, why did he come down? One would think if you could fly you would go up.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 20:21, Harlequin wrote:
No sane person would believe that anyone could levitate with that much heavy jewelry on. Smile

No sane person would believe that anyone could levitate with that much ego.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So Illucifer, are you saying that the cameraman didn't really fly either? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Occams Razor
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Occams Razor
One thing I think most people missed is the religious overtones when Angel levitates. First is when he descends into the depths of the pryramid with his arms outstretched and feet together in a sort of "crucified" pose. Later when he floats in the light above the pyramid he is wearing all white and while using the same pose ascends into the heavens on a white beam of light as if resurrected. Methinks that Angel wants to be seen as the magic messiah.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If I could really fly I'd be Swimming through the air doing summersaults and fun acrobatic stuff (Envision Dory in Finding Nemo Smile ) But NOT looking as if I'd loose my balance every second.
Where's the fun in that?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Slim, you mean the Copperfield flying stuff? Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'd mean like a Flying Monkey delivering my Tea With Jack and Alice DVD....
All over the place having primal fun!!!
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Hmmm That sounds a bit complicated.. I think he would need about 50 edits for that, instead of 35!
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 22:02,Illucifer wrote:
Slim King, as for camera shots in front of Cris, there are long lenses for cameras that aloow them to zoom in close and such. One needn't actually be directly in front of the subject to acquire such a shot.

What really takes the cake with this is the reaction it receives. Am I to believe that these are real, unsolicited spectators who just saw a man fly from 15 (or however many) stories up and their only reaction is to clap their hands and high-five him after this event?
Jesus, these people should be offering to follow him to the ends of the earth, right?
Seems a rather lackluster response to what would be a bonafide miracle to someone who really saw what we saw at home (and was not a hired hand).
I'm picturing Christ raising Lazarus from the dead and the crowd of people clapping as he emerges from the grave.
Silly. Just silly.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If this guy could really do that and you witnessed it first hand, me thinks one would be ####ing ones pants. For a miracle of that magnitude the reactions were quite lame and rather relaxed. Besides, if this was the real deal and he really did supposedly do this for real then why wasn't the media all over this with Criss on the front page of every national and global newspaper as well as the leading story on every newscast on the face of the earth? Just in case anyone thought that this crap was real, just think about that fact.

;)

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
jaymeswhite
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of jaymeswhite
There was def edits he has so much money that he can do anything
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
The big question is why only 20 people can be seen at one of the greatest hotels in this world? That's the most absurd part.

Like I said, they don't even try to make it seem real.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
Quote:
The big question is why only 20 people can be seen at one of the greatest hotels in this world? That's the most absurd part.

Maybe he did it while Copperfield and Burton were on stage.

-Rd
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
This one was missing my favorite ghastly Criss staple... His fretting mother wringing her hands and his two skeezy brothers with their Guns N Roses hair saying "I do'wanna even watch"...

And now he's dating Cameron Diaz.... Or is she just a stooge?

Maybe his pick-up line was "We've never met have we?... What you see is what you get..."

:)
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Phil your post struck me as odd in a lot of ways, but do you honestly think when someone makes a blue card turn red that people think it is real? I could go on and on with magic examples here, but I don't feel like I need to. Only a small percentage of people actually think "holly crap Criss just flew". Go read the thread talking about if the audience is smarter then we think they are?
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Well, looks like he does try to make certain things seem real, especially the ones that are impossible to do. "What you see is what you get," "No camera tricks and stooges." This whole effect in the last episode was to prove that there's no illusion in what does.

The audience isn't stupid, but Criss sure thinks they are.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I like the home movie footage.
One day I will write a book
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-06-08 11:11, DJM wrote:
Well, looks like he does try to make certain things seem real, especially the ones that are impossible to do. "What you see is what you get," "No camera tricks and stooges." This whole effect in the last episode was to prove that there's no illusion in what does.

The audience isn't stupid, but Criss sure thinks they are.

Of course he tries to make it "real". don't we all try and make it real? I sure hope you do. Sure some of us give a disclaimer, but then we do everything we can to make the audience believe. It seems sometimes we get upset with Angel over things we do as well. He is just on a bigger stage, so it bugs us.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Flying Without Edits » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL