The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Flying Without Edits » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Watched tonights show. Just wondered why he had to put "Towels" behind the Crusher...to protect the crowd from flying glass, when he'd just broken whole bottles that would "fly" much more when breaking...and wouldn't they be more apt to fly from the front of the crusher rather than AFTER they'd been broaken..
MY GIRLFRIEND LAUGHED Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Why does he do such dangerous "DEMONSTRATIONS". Why every week he says it might be his last moment breathing? Why Banachek? Why Sankey? WHY WHY WHY.
P3
practice practice perform.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Wait, so was he alive at the end?
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I liked the crusher stunt. Lots of stunts this new season and not that many illusions. I guess the ratings go higher with stunts. I think that some of the illusions are being repeated only with different looks. DO they ran out already? It´s only the second day of the season. Agh, the SPOV is back! Well at least it is not as annoying as last season. Cute black fingernails.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well I do not know how it still runs.

I wonder why he dosn't seem to learn anything.

Now the question is this. Do you really think the stunts are done for ratings or "EGO"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Maybe ego for himself, but I think the suits at the network think of ratings
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I find "danegrous" stunts not done live pretty boring, since you know exaclty how it all turned out.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ISmCJZA3I1A

God, is he going to fly in every episode from now on? It's getting pathetic, especially when it's the exact same thing every time only at different locations.
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I personaly think he's trying to make himself the best magician out there, even when people find out that
I'm a magician they ask me if I can do the stuff that Criss Angel does, my reply to that is only if I had a
camera crew!!! Then I do something that will blow them away. I am really getting sick and tired of his so called stunts and so called magic, It's all bunk!!! I know that I have harsh feeling about the subject but now I see that next week he's going to move a man's eyebrow to the man's chin, WHAT? come on Criss knock this stuff off and get back to the real ruts of magic if you are a magician.
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Summer of '08, looks like he'll be on stage again, like many of us.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 22:02, meauxfeaux wrote:

I'm picturing Christ raising Lazarus from the dead and the crowd of people clapping as he emerges from the grave.
Silly. Just silly.

You're right, that would definately warrant a high five or two...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
You guys are right, it does come off as pretty fake.

I guess his target audience are laymen and not magicians. Who would of thought.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
The problem is that a lot of laymen also see it as pretty fake.. so what's the point?

People are not stupid, they can see the difference between magic tricks and Harry Potter special effects.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Is CA still claiming "No Camera Tricks"?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No he is too busy fending off unwarranted attacks against him.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Haven't heard of those. I did hear him, CA , say he'd put someone in the hospital, but I didn't hear anyone say they'd put HIM in one... So who doing the attacking?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20290 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am still waiting for the "boxing match" someone heard of to be linked.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2007-06-07 22:02, Illucifer wrote:
Slim King, as for camera shots in front of Cris, there are long lenses for cameras that aloow them to zoom in close and such. One needn't actually be directly in front of the subject to acquire such a shot.

What really takes the cake with this is the reaction it receives. Am I to believe that these are real, unsolicited spectators who just saw a man fly from 15 (or however many) stories up and their only reaction is to clap their hands and high-five him after this event?
Jesus, these people should be offering to follow him to the ends of the earth, right?
Seems a rather lackluster response to what would be a bonafide miracle to someone who really saw what we saw at home (and was not a hired hand).
I'm picturing Christ raising Lazarus from the dead and the crowd of people clapping as he emerges from the grave.
Silly. Just silly.

I know I would have wanted to touch the hem of his garment....

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Some have been accused of having an agenda here. Some I see just want to argue.

I have always let it be known that I dislike Criss Angel. When I first read about him I was living in Germany so I was not subjected to his Cable show. I think his use of tricks to make believe that he can perform tricks and acting like he is the last word in Magic is deplorable. His behavior on Phenomenon was reprehensible and since then, every magician I have spoken with in person agrees. I doubt I have ever heard his name brought up at the Magic Castle without someone laughing out loud. He’s a joke in our circle and I am amazed that some people with magic knowledge still admire him.

Besides The Masked Magician, Valentino, I think Criss Angel is the only magician in 100 years that is openly disliked within the magic circle.

His view of what a Magician is and what my view are completely different. As long as Criss Angel spouts his false talents are genuine and as long as he looks down at fellow conjurers, I will point out his flaws.

So what are your agendas? Anyone that is participating in this on-going discussion about Criss Angel has an agenda. You must since you are spending your valuable time in the forums and posting your opinion.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I'm no fan of Criss Angel but your post begs the question; what was the Magic Castle's agenda in giving him the "Magician of the Year" award?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Flying Without Edits » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL