The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magazine test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Hello,

Does anybody know any impromptu magazine test?

That is, you are in a friend's house or in a pub and you find some magazines...You don't know in advance the contents of the magazines (and of course you don't have duplicates)

Any ideas about what perform?

Thanks
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
If it's at a friend's house or the pub, just glean the required information in an unguarded moment and do Hoy after some time has passed (could even be days later.) You're aren't being burned in a social setting, so it's easy to do.

If you want it cleaner than that (why?), you might give Josh Zandman's IBT a shot.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12331 Posts

Profile of John C
agreed, HOY.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Doc Hilford has an improptue newspaper test which is good.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Thanks friends.
Garrad Where Can I find the Hillford newspaper test?

Any other idea?
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
You can actually use osterlind's version if you think about it carefully . Just a flip through a magazine at your friend's home , a little something done and a memorization of the page number ...you're done .

You can use the magazine after a while later .
Forcing the page should be a breeze.
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
David, I think you're confusing the Hoy test with Osterlind's presentation of the Annemann magazine test - which is great, but hardly doable with any borrowed magazine.

Also, I recommend being a little less specific about methods on this forum: you just revealed the whole thing minus the presentation.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I think David is referring to the Magazine Test on Osterlind's Mind Mysteries One DVD. This is the effect that Osterlind closed his act with for many years. I do this effect and it is very powerful. It is not 100% impromptu but pretty close.

Steve
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I can't remember if it's Barrie Richardson or Bob Cassidy, but that is the best Mag Test I have used - Totally impromptu, done anywhere tehre is a magazine. Nothing to write down and you don't need any misses or info to tell the participant what they are seeing. You tell them words, pics - whatever.

JZ
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Please Josh made memory....
I know the Richardson's test in TOTM, but as far as I understand you have to know in advance the content of some pages of the magazine
Perhaps Cassidy has any idea?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Sorry Dario, I missed the part where you said no advance knowledge - but I think it's amazing!

JZ
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Dario,
I've PM'd you!

-Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I believe it's called "Nostrum Necromancy" and should be available from any good magic retailer.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
jhn59880
View Profile
New user
France
71 Posts

Profile of jhn59880
I own Nostrum Necromancy. The Newspaper Test is so great but the technique at first sight doesn't look very bold. But, for lay people, it is a great trick. Contrary to most of people, I prefer the second trick : The Magazine test. This Test is really impressive and it's a killer. The third trick is more a magical one, I didn't read the method ^^, just the description of the trick !

FLo.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Garrad
If you allow and use the process of the first one to show the impossibility of what you are doing it can have and be an amazing effect. It is also real time mentalism.

Many Thanks
Garrad
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
The IBT principle can be used for magazines as well as books and there is no advanced preparation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magazine test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL