The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Topas and Florian Zimmer Manipulation Act Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
You can find a video of Topas FISM Manipulation Act here:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=6......mp;hl=de

And here you can find Florian Zimmer's multiple award winning Manipulation Act:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=5......mp;hl=de

Greetings 3mjo
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
That is a very old Topas act and Zimmers spray paint is a rip off of Jason Baney's Las Vegas act...Howard
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Topas is a genuis!
I love it.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I am an artist and graphic designer. I can tell you that two designers can and do create often times the same exact image or design that is similar. It is not intentional (usually) but happens because that is how the creative mind works. Sometimes the process of creativity brings us down a path that may be similar to someone elses.

Now I do jot personally know Florian or Jason Baney and their stories, but I can see how two magicians could end up with similar ideas in creative thought. It does happen.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I’m glad I don’t have epilepsy or I think watching Topas act would put me into a seizure.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Markis: Are you saying that you find it boring or amazing? lol I am not sure I get your post. call me stupid but maybe it is just the heat today from my otudoor stage show lol

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I'm just saying he is moving around so much, dancing and fidgeting along with the sleights you have to try and follow. I don't care for it, I find it distracting and maybe that is the intent. Technically he's great.
eshdath
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of eshdath
Shalom, I've been out of magic for many years ,and it has been awhile since I've seen an act that actualy surprized me like Mr. Zimmer's.
Zion speaks......are you listening?
Daniel Mattes
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Daniel Mattes
Graywolf, the act is VERY ORIGINAL. Florian has never seen Jason perform or heared of him. Keep in mind that Florian`s first time in the USA was the World Magic Seminar 2007. Also I couldn`t find a video of Jason`s act in the internet that would explain me why you posted this. Do you have a link? Would be interesting to see!
Thanks.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
No you have to go to Vegas and see it.We put the routine together years ago.He won the SAM Mystic Craig Award with an early version of it..Howard
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
One does not have to come to America to steal ideas.I remember sitting with Jason and Topas in St.Louis discussing using leaves instead of back plaming card.A while later Topas did a leaf act...Howard
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hallo Howard,

I'm sorry but I agree with Kyle's comment. Two people on earth could come up with the same ideas. As Walt Disney said : It's a small world after all...
On the other hand, I know how the german magician from Stuttgart work out their acts and how they try to find new original ideas.
Concerning the leafs in Topas' act; it's not a complete act using leafs. The theme of his act is "time" and he uses leafs to make appear canes symbolising a large clock, but he's not manipulating them.
I think it would be good to contact Florian Zimmer, Topas and Jason Baney to get more information about dates on when did they start to work on their acts, when was their first presentation of their acts and when did they win any awards for those acts.
Personnaly I'm very interested to see Jason's act.
Any link ?

Thanks

Oliver.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Don't tell me about Topaz's time act. I have seen it. Where do you think I knew he ripped off Jason Baney's and my idea for using leaves instead of cards? Jason and I started on his now-Las Vegas act in 1990. We are both Chavez graduates, I of course, graduated at least 20 years before him. For the last time, you can only see Jason's act by paying for it - in Las Vegas...Cordially, Howard
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Howard,

Sounds that I got you upset. I'm sorry it wasn't meant to do so. I'm not here to give lessons to anybody. I'm just sharing my ideas, opinions and "knowledge".
I don't know who was first and that's why I asked for dates, informations and links. I just wanted to find out.

Concerning the use of somebody elses ideas, my opinion is that if I'm willing to discuss and / or share ideas with somebody else, that means that he or she could use this ideas as long as I didn't tell him or her to do so beforehands (non-disclosure agreement).
If I don't want to have my ideas used by somebody else I wouldn't talk about.
On the other hand, if I've come up with an original idea which is already in use and part of my magic act and somebody else is doing the same having seen me, than I call this stealing, especially if it's a complete act with all the same components (objects, moves, music...) in the same chronology from beginning to end.

At the end two artists could come up with the same idea without knowing each other especially if they're "separated" by a long distance. If both of them don't inform themself beforehands if this particular idea exist allready the problem gets started. I got the experience once myself, with an illusion idea, but contacting beforehands a well known and professional illusion builder prevented me from doing a big mistake.

Anyway I believe that somehow every artist is influenced by somebody elses work. It's part of the process in learning.

Last point concerning both acts (Florian Zimmer and Jason Baney) : Both have won awards with "their" act. I think that if there was in anyway a stealing of somebodys ideas or act one or both of them wouldn't have get an "international" award.

To finish, maybe we should leave this discussion of who came first to both of the first concerned, Florian and Jason.

Even if I haven't seen Jason's act yet I like the spray painting act presented by Florian Zimmer. It looks fresh, funny, original and magical.
Magical regards,

Oliver.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Yes it looks magical but it is not original.Cordially,Howard
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Although I have never seen Jason's act, only Florian's act when he performed at fism, I have never heard anything suggesting that Florian has copied his act. The guy recieved an award in February in Las Vegas for it, not that the award and standing ovation at fism means that his act wasn't copied but I am very suprised that it hasn't been mentioned before.

Florian is a lovely guy. He is a friend of Olmacs, who is a good friend of mine and he has such a great passion for magic that I could never see him copying an act on purpose. Florian is probably the most talented guy I have ever met.

To what extent does his act copy Jason's? Is it because they both use spray paint cans or the routine, productions and steals are the same.

Sometimes when I come up with ideas, I'm so scared that someone else in the community has already done it or is doing it that it holds me back from being creative. I wouldn't want to step on anyones toes or upset them but it can be a genuine mistake made by someone which is stirred up by others who haven't heard the story from both sides.

If it is a rip-off then I would be very disappointed in Florian but it's not that unsual and act that you woud think that no one else would ever come up with the idea of using a spray paint can in an act,

Diane
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Oh god, I just lost half of my eyesight watching that Topas video - the lighting killed them.
Daniel Mattes
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Daniel Mattes
I know Florian very well and know for SURE that he would never ever copy or steal someones ideas. The spraypaint-idea he had when he was about 16 years old with not even a real contact to other magicians. I would really like to see the act that Howard said it is a copy of. I cannot believe that the acts look the same!!!!!!! Florian not only came up with the theme for himself but also with the flourishes and stuff.. The appearing BMX-bike is also one of his VERY ORIGINAL creations! NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE!!!!!! Howard, if you say things like this PLEASE give some proof with a video! Nobody here has even seen the act of Jason (including me!!!)
I know that a magician already included spray-cans for a long time before Jason and Florian. Nicholas Night! but it is used in a totally different manner...
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Go to vegas and see it.
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Considering I live in europe, budget doesn't stretch far enough for me to jump on a plane and go to Vegas to see one act. Has anyone asked Jason what he thinks of this? Is he still performing the act?

Diane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Topas and Florian Zimmer Manipulation Act Videos (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL