The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Ken Brooke book coming. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Ken Brooke book due for release Feb. 2008, entitled: Legend: An anecdotal tribute
to Ken Brooke, hard back 220 pp. Contributors include: Gaetan Bloom, Wayne Dobson,
Pete Biro, Mike Caveney, Marc DeSouza,(the late) Bob Read, Alan Shaxon, Ali Bongo,
Barbara McNaughton (Ken's partner),Barry Stevenson, Vic Pinto,Terry Herbert, Tom
Owen, Paul Green and many, many more. New material and photos about Ken, much of which has never before been published. Five years in production and fully endorsed
by Barbara McNaughton. 25th Anniversary - Limited edition, only 1,000 copies to be
published world wide.Wonderful memories of the greatest magical demonstrator of all
time! Without doubt, the most influential man in magic... ever! Some of the biggest
names in magic owe a great debt to Ken for imparting his knowledge and sage advice.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I am looking forward to receiving my copy! This will be a wonderful way to introduce yourself to Ken Brooke. Every one of my performances is influenced by his teachings.

It will also be a great way, for those of us who knew him, to re-live a pleasant memory or two.

Regards,

Paul Green
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Who is the author / publisher? This is a book I'd love to get my hands. Thanks for the "heads up!"
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
I am the author/publisher of the forthcoming Ken Brooke book
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Thanks Steve! I am greatly looking forward to this!!
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
Count me in !
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Contact details Ringo?
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Great news Steve,

Would it be possible to get a list of the contents ?

Thanks.

Oliver.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Hi Oliver, I am not releasing any details of the book except basically what is revealed on this forum (and in the PM I've sent you). If you are a Ken Brooke fan,
then I'm confident you will not be disappointed! In fact, those people who think they knew Ken, should think again! I believe that this book will be an 'eye-opener' to a great many people who thought they knew the man!
"It's a wonderful thing you're doing Steve...WONDERFUL! Bless you!" (Tom Owen -
former organiser of the Blackpool Magic Convention).
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I will be getting this book! Ken Brooke is fantastic!
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi All,

I can only echo Paul Green's words. This will be a great introduction to Ken Brooke and his work. I had the good fortune to have Ken work with me on several routines and give me advice through the years. It's because of Ken that I do the Linking Rings and the Egg Bag. I've contributed some remembrances of Ken to this book (as well to a previous book). He was a one of a kind and never received the acclaim he deserved while still alive. There is most definitely a reason that he was a friend, teacher and confidant of some of the world's greatest magicians...men like Fred Kaps, Freddie Fah, Johnny Thompson, Tommy Cooper, Ricky Jay, Roy Johnson, Paul Daniels, Wayne Dobson and so many more. Don't buy this looking for tricks...you will get things of far greater value than tricks from it. It will be a "must read" for any performing magician.

Marc DeSouza
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Thanks Marc for your kind words. Best regards, Steve.
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Hi Steve,
Its great to hear the book will soon be coming out, I have been excitedly waiting since you told me about it last year! Smile
Speak soon,
Ste
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Hi Steve, Someone told me you'd taken up golf! Only kidding. I'll reserve you a copy if you like. Remember, there are no tricks in the book as such but, some wonderfully funny as well as some poignant memories of Ken... the greatest magic
demonstrator ever! There are also countless sight-gags, bits of business and, some
priceless advice from the man himself... a man recently described as 'the most influential man in magic!' Limited to 1,000 signed and numbered copies worldwide.
(200 copies already reserved without any major advertising!)This book is fully endorsed by Ken's partner, Barbara McNaughton. The Foreword is by Wayne Dobson.
The book is OFFICIALLY released in February next year.
Maybe see you at Ferrybridge (1st July) kid? regards, Steve.
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Just a message to clarify a couple of things about the forthcoming Ken Brooke book. Although the book will not be officially released until February 2008, a
number of special pre-release copies will be offered to the contributors to the book as a 'thank you' for their initial support, encouragement and help. There are no tricks as such in the book but, some wonderfully funny, as well as some poignant memories of Ken, plus some great sight-gags explained as well as lots
of Ken's professional 'bits of business'; not forgetting a wealth of advice from the man himself. In fact, there is a full chapter at the end of the book devoted
purely to Ken's magical advice: this alone is worth many, many times the price of the book! This book will only be available thru me; it will not be issued to any
dealers, anywhere. The book is fully endorsed by Ken's partner, Barbara McNaughton. Any queries?... then let me know. Thanks to the many kind folk on this
great Café forum for their interest in, and their very kind words about, this project... it is most appreciated.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I'm looking forward to this book as well.
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Thanks phillipsje, You really need to reserve a copy from me as no dealers will be offered this book; it is only available thru me. Many thanks for your interest.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I'm really looking forward to the release (February seems so far away right now!!). I have recently stumbled upon a copy of Jeff Busby's "A Lifetime of Joy," and I imagine it will be well worn between now and February. I became most interested in Ken Brooke after reading Wayne Dobson's autobiography (turned me on to Roy Johnson, too!). Thanks again, Steve, for keeping us updated.
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Thanks for that Magiguy. Wayne was very fond of Ken and vice-versa. Ken always believed in Wayne's talent, but fate denied him the chance to witness Wayne at the top of his profession. Roy Johnson of course was Ken's 'right-hand man' when
it came to the development of ideas and the construction of new routines. Roy was also
influential in the development of Wayne's career (as was Ken). (It was Roy who
advised Wayne to turn professional). I was lucky enough to be a pupil of Roy's for
a while and, I've known Wayne for almost 30 years, and I can only recommend that you read anything of Roy's and Wayne's work... believe me, you won't go far wrong!
PS. I have just seen the 'final proof' of the Ken Brooke book and, (in all modesty) it looks great and, is probably the most entertaining read I can remember
from any book in recent years... in,or out,of magic! This is not 'hype', but, I must have read the manuscript dozens of times, and I'm still finding things I originally missed: that I think, will be the real joy of this book!
I only hope that fans of Ken will think I've captured part of the REAL essence and
spirit of the man. They will certainly find lots of new and fascinating material about him. You would not believe the agony and frustration behind this book!
I could write a book about writing THIS book!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 02:41, Steve Cook wrote:
I could write a book about writing THIS book!

LOL!! I'd likely buy that one, too! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Ken Brooke book coming. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL