We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Are online tricks impromptu? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
I wanted to do an impromptu trick with a computer, this is what I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNRMVGgnZk

My idea was to surf on any computer in any home, go to an online magic store, check out their selection of sponge balls, then pull one off the screen. From there you go into a regular spongeball routine. I tried it and it works great, especially at parties.

Since the online store is online, I consider it impromptu because its always available.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
Seems like a great Idea Cgiking, however, the only con I see for this is that you are going to this online magic store, so... some people are thinking you really do magic, and you got this talent maybe born with it, and this is appealing to the audience, is like when you use some prop and tell a story, like for exameple Andrew mayne´s ghost vision, you say something about ghosts, or creepy stuff, you don´t say you buy the effect in a store, so... maybe people could lose some of the illusion when they see those online magic stores (not that they don´t know that, but for that moment they´re not aware of that, and you are kinda remembering it) I think after looking that trick they would go to the historial of the computer and check out the store, and they would see some of the stuff you do (and lose that magical sense), so, is a great idea, but my suggestion is, like when you make your own props, go to a free based web page builder, and put some stuff about magic, like if is not your page,put the picture os some sponge balls and you could customize it for some other stuff, that way you prevent people digging too close into magic if they´re not magicians, if they look into that last web site, no problem, you control the information there, you even could put some self working effect with some line like "I know you would be back after seeing that guy doing the sponge ball effect, so, let´s get started with some magic... and keep going" just a thought, maybe I'm overthinking this, but doesn´t sound too bad to me, the idea is great though.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Instead of going to a website, why not have a sponge ball as your wallpaper or an image that you can bring up in an image viewer? The advantage to this one would be that you don't have to have an internet connection. The disadvantage would be that it would have to be on your computer unless you can sneak it onto their's somehow. An alternative would be to have it as a picture on your cellphone.

I know there's a site called the kodak gallery that allows some images to be uploaded for free. You could put a sponge ball picture there.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Very cool idea!

Need a ball, coin or whatever, you go to the an online shop from any computer and pull it off the screen.
Creating different types of non-magic shops would work good too.
IE: Coin shop, toy shop, gambling store.
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
Nice computer effects!
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
I think it's a nice effect to pull an object (sponge ball) out of the computer screen. It looked good; very original thought. If you follow it up with a sponge ball routine I'm not sure that very many people would go back on their computer and try to figure out what you did. (You could always use a notebook computer and when you leave with the computer your effect would end clean.)
CaptRitz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of CaptRitz
Did you have a way to make the screen ball disappear as you pick it off the screen?
Maybe program your own webpage to do that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Are online tricks impromptu? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL