The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ken Brooke book coming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Two replies so far.
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Ken Brooke book OFFICIALLY released in February next year to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Ken's passing. No tricks as such in the book but some wonderfully funny, as well as some poignant stories about Ken: a man recently described as the
'most influential man in magic'. There are also some great sight-gags, 'bits of
business' and, some priceless advice. Five years in production, the book is in a
limited edition of 1,000 copies worldwide. Contributors include: Gaetan Bloom,
Pete Biro, Mike Caveney, Marc DeSouza, Paul Green, Wayne Dobson, Alan Shaxon,
Barry Stevenson, Ali Bongo, Trevor Lewis, Remo Inzani and many, many more!
This publication is produced with the help and full endorsement of Ken's paartner,
Barbara McNaughton. Some of the publisher's profits will be donated to charity.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I think it is awesome of you for doing this.
So very awesome of you all.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Nick-V. Bless you.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ill be picking this up for sure if at all possiable
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Thanks Joshua. If you are a Ken Brooke fan I'm sure this book will be important
to you.
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
I'm a Ken Brooke fan, indirectly as I know his work for reading Fred Kaps and other magicians work.
I'll definitely get this book, this is one of the most important characters in magic so this goes on my list to buy.
Thanks for the time spent to make this possible.

Antonio
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Thanks Antonio, Ken Brooke has fans everywhere. It's almost 25 years since he passed away, and I constantly get messages from all over the world, stating the importance of his magical legacy and, how much respect is still afforded him. Ken was a complete original; the best magic demonstrator ever and a genuine humanitarian. The kind and sincere messages I've received whilst writing this book,
make the five years that it has been in production worth
every minute of the stress, frustration, anxiety and irritation which have
surrounded it, from conception to completion!
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Just to clarify any confusion regarding the release of the Ken Brooke book. There
will be some special pre-release copies of the book issued in the next month or so
(hopefully), however, these will only be offered to contributors to the book, as a special 'thank you' for their initial support and help. The official release date (as previously stated elsewhere), will be 26th February 2008, in order to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Ken's passing. It will be a hard back 220page book with a Foreword by Wayne Dobson and, the cover design by Ken's old (and very
artistically talented) friend, Ken Perks.The book contains many new facts and insights about Ken plus, a great many photos never before released. Some of the
publisher's profits from the sales of the book will be donated to two charitable
causes. If you thought you knew about Ken Brooke... think again! On behalf of myself and Ken's partner, Barbara McNaughton, thanks to the many kind folk who
have reserved a copy of the book and, thanks too, for all the kind and supportive messages from members of this great Café forum. Your willingness to keep the name of the legendary Ken Brooke alive and kicking is genuinely appreciated. Bless you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ken Brooke book coming (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL