The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A real magic moment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Last night I did a show for 50 second graders during their special movie night event at Manchester Gate school in Fresno California. . . about ten minute in I did my remote vision color cube effect. What I do is have one of the adults in the room take the cube to the other side of the room or even out of the room and secretly place one of the colored side in the little wood box and when the adult returns I and the kids all together as a group deside which color was choosen. The kids and I of course got it right the first time with the first adult. . . then something very very STRANGE happened. . .

When second lady returned with the cube the kids all together and all at once and with no help from me started yelling LOOK SHE IS TURNING GREEN! LOOK SHE IS GLOWING GREEN!!!! sure enough when I looked at her there was a green fuzzy glow around her face, I could not tell where the light was coming from and why it was happening. . . nothing else in the brightly lite room was showing any signed of a green glow. The kids all started shouting together "SHE PICKED GREEN!!!". . .
She opened the lid and sure enough she has picked green. . at that exact moment the green glow vanished. . .

The other adults in the room came running wanting to know how in the world I made her face glow like that. . .

The answer was simple. . . "Magic"

What was one of those rare magic moments that really make me wonder. I wonder what in the world just happened.

Tim
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
I wonder which kid had a green laser.
I only wish I had the ability to perform for kids, I'm just a cranky old man. You're lucky to have had one of those moments.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
W O W. I literally LIVE for such moments.........thanx for sharing...this is, indeed REAL magick...
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
And some of you remain skeptical of the existence or real magick. It is all around us, and most of us usually are too busy to notice.

"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it."

Om Tara tutare Tara ture SVAHA!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Tim...EXPLOIT THOSE COINCIDENCES!!!

I had a lady on Friday at a Masonic Lodge event semi-challenge me on my presentation of Samuel Patrick Smith's DEJA ZOO. She asked me "What if I'm thinking of another animal. What if I don't want any animal on the cards?"

"This is to make my life easier by giving you a few choices. I need you to stop thinking 'Naked Mole Rat' because it isn't on any card and think of one of the animals you see."

"How did you know I was thinking 'Naked Mole Rat?' That's what I wanted!"

"You look like a big fan of Kim Possible." She picked Penguin.

I went into a discussion of the Naked Mole Rat exhibit at our local zoo. The second lady to help me picked her animal right away without questioning anything else. The "kicker" ending I added was to call the line drawing of the Penguin (who is bald with a funny nose/beak) a "Naked Mole Rat in a tuxedo" when I turned the cards for the reveal.

The rest of the mentalism I used that evening played very strongly as well.

Within the context of a show, take a coincidence and ride it all the way to the best conclusion for you! It gets me re-booked!

Congrats!

Chris
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Those are awesome experiences....thanks for sharing. I had my own magicial moment a couple days ago. As I was coming inside from my porch, I noticed that a leaf had fallen onto the handle of my door. I went to knock it off with my finger, and it...flew away. It was a moth. I thought to myself, wow, that moth just created a miracle just for me. Yes, I know, it was a moth all along....or was it?
Scott
Magic in the Shadows
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have a remote vision color cube. It is just plain magical.
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Shots, you already live in a magical place. I saw more stars in the sky on that main road in Kissimmee than anywhere in the country. It must be a skywatchers paradise.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A real magic moment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL